Mission: The Administrative Director brings to life the values of Camphill in all endeavors and creates an atmosphere in the office and the Village that is consistent with those values.
The Administrative Director will oversee all administrative operations of the residential and vocational programs at Camphill Village Minnesota. In doing so, the Administrative Director reports to the Full Circle, interfaces with the Administrative Support Group and serves on the Board as an ex-officio member. The Administrative Director will have a passion for working with people with special needs and will hold an awareness of their interests in all aspects of the work.
Contributions and Responsibilities:
- Board of Directors - Contributes to the Board to help it become a highly functioning governing body and is responsible to assist with agendas, financial reporting, committee activities, relationship building.
- Full Circle - Contributes to the decision-making group called Full Circle (FC) and their ability to make and execute decisions and is responsible to participate in FC meetings, respond to requests for information, assist with budgeting, and interfaces with the Board on relevant FC issues.
- Office Operations - Contributes to the effective functioning of the office and is responsible for oversight of all office functions related to both staff and systems.
- Financial Oversight - Contributes to the sound financial functioning of the Village and is responsible for budgets, audits, reports and evaluating requests.
- Insurance Coordination - Contributes to the protection of the Village due to illness, injury and other areas of liability and is responsible for working with insurance companies and agents, and provides information to the Full Circle, coworkers and the Board.
- Licensing Coordination - Contributes to making the Village compliant with relevant regulatory agencies and is responsible to work with the Designated Coordinator to provide information, to problem-solve, to report and to interface with families and guardians as needed.
- Development Coordination - Contributes to supporting the Village with fund-raising and is responsible for assisting the Development Coordinator by providing information and input to proposals, grant applications, meetings with donors and participating in the board’s development committee.
- One on One Community Outings Program - Contributes to special needs peoples’ experiences in community outings and is responsible to support the work of the Designated Coordinator with regards to staffing and operations.
- Immigration Oversight - Contributes to the work of the Coworker Development Group and Immigration Attorney on complicated visa applications and is responsible to provide information as requested.
- Building Projects - Contributes to organizing new construction and renovations and is responsible to make sure that all relevant parties have adequate information for decision-making.
- Maintenance - Contributes to the sound maintenance of all existing buildings and is responsible to support coordination with maintenance providers, contractors, Full Circle and house leaders.
Given the expectation of excellence, the Administrative Director demonstrates:
- Understanding &/or a readiness to learn the principles and practices of Camphill
- Financial acumen
- Strong understanding of government and social service systems relating to people with special needs
- Delegation skills
- Openness to incorporating new methods into existing practices
- The ability to implement in a timely manner
- Superb attention to detail
- The ability to discern multiple factors to arrive at decisions
- Creativity/ flexibility/ agility
- Team leadership within a non-hierarchical and collegial setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Facility to foster good relationships and morale
- Proficiency in facilitating constructive conversations
- Effective management of conflicting voices within Full Circle, Board and office.
- Ability to facilitate meetings in a variety of conditions
Education and Experience:
- Preference for prior experience working with individuals with special needs in a Camphill or anthroposophical setting
- Prior experience working in social service/educational environment
- Preference for minimum one-year training in field of disabilities
- Preference for college degree