Summary of Position:
The Club Director is responsible for implementing BGCB objectives, standards, policies and procedures that deliver quality programs to members in a housing development or community center club. Provide a safe, fun learning environment that enables members to grow and develop into responsible adults.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate linkages, relationships and integration of all the housing development or community center out-of-school-time partners, in support of quality opportunities that enhance member''s educational, health, social, cultural and recreational development.
- Manage member recruitment, kidtrax registration, attendance and tracking. Maintain membership and Average Daily Attendance targets / goals.
- Develop and maintain outcomes measurement and data collection systems including logic models, surveys, evaluations, reports, etc., , Ongoing communications with parents, membership fee collection, permission slips, , notices to parents, and newsletters.
- Serve as lead/primary liaison with Tenant''s Association (Task Force), and with all housing development personnel.
- Work in partnership with identified Management Company / Boston Centers for Youth & Families staff to maintain facility expectations of shared / dedicated space in good order, reasonable wear and tear accepted.
- Oversee the food and snack procurement, storage and distribution.
- Direct supervision of all program staff, program partners, volunteers and junior staff including weekly staff meetings.
- Develop a daily schedule of activities and programs that engage member''s participation and enhance student academic, social, emotional, health, cultural and recreational development.
- Curriculum oversight, consistent delivery of high-yield and quality programming; provide technical assistance and guidance to additional out-of-school-time partners.
- Develop a Family Engagement Plan for families of Club Members.
- Work in partnership with Free-standing Club staff on use of facilities, joint-programming and referring teens to the Teen Center.
- Oversee the development and operation of school vacation and summer programming.
- Attend individual supervision sessions and Shared Space Club (SSC) Directors Monthly Team meetings. Attend all on-site and off-site meetings as required.
- Represent/ Lead the Club, SSC''s, BGCB on internal and external committees/teams.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Associate Director of Shared Space Clubs.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- BA/BA in education, human services or related field, equivalent experience considered
- Minimum three years experience providing youth development programs
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with community volunteers
- Experience in youth programming/working with school-aged children
- Knowledge of community and neighborhood resources
- Bilingual is a big plus (especially Spanish)
- MS Office and web competency preferred
- Ability to work with children, youth and families from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team