7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow. 4-H programs allow nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. 4-H’s is part of a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. 4-H is a private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
4-H seeks a dynamic Account Manager, Corporate to work in partnership with Resource Development and Marketing teams to manage donor relationships through the creation and efficient delivery of holistic National 4-H Council partnerships, inclusive of high-quality 4-H Positive Youth Development programming nationwide and Council-led enhancements (i.e., marketing, professional development). Combining donor stewardship and grant management, the Account Manager, Corporate will provide high-level project management to 4-H stakeholders (National 4-H Council, 4-H National Headquarters [NIFA/USDA] and 4-H field affiliates) and corporate and foundation decision makers to advance 4-H’s mission. Under the leadership of the Sr. Manager, Corporate; the Account Manager, Corporate will work to ensure donor satisfaction and grantee success through effective project management, fiscal management, and excellent donor stewardship to provide ongoing donor support, retention, and renewal. This position anchors multiple, cross-functional internal and external teams.
Donor Stewardship Duties
- In partnership with the Development Director, provide ongoing stewardship of national corporate donors.
- Manage donor relationships for existing portfolio accounts and build and maintain strong, long-lasting donor relationships.
- Set and manage expectations for funders.
- Lead development of donor proposals and other written cultivation materials.
- Develop annually formal performance reports for each assigned account by donor requirements and support of donor stewardship.
- Lead regular meetings with 4-H stakeholders to ensure that donor expectations are met consistently and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
Account Management Duties
- Liaise between donors and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of 4-H’s solutions according to donors needs and to improve customer experience.
- Identify donor needs and work to exceed donor expectations.
- Operate as a day-to-day lead point of contact (POC) for all matters specific to donor account management.
- Serve as primary post-sales contact operating in close alignment with staff to ensure high renewal rates; identify new revenue opportunities to maximize partnerships.
- Manage internal teams and keep them informed and on track to execute deliverables promptly.
- Provide strategic, high-level guidance and oversight to project team.
- Communicate funding opportunities and donor expectations to 4-H stakeholders nationwide.
- Stay informed on organizational needs and strategic priorities.
- Communicate partner program updates and performance both internally and externally on regular donor calls and meetings as well as informal donor mid-term and final reports.
Full-Cycle Grants Management Duties
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and, or Requests for Applications (RFAs) and contracting processes to gain field participation in funded projects and programs.
- Draft RFPs/RFAs and oversee the solicitation, review and selection process for grantees and contractors.
- Ensure correct scopes of work are created for all grant agreements and contracts and submit to Purchasing and Contracts Manager to draw up legal documents.
- Facilitate contract execution and payments as agreed.
- Serve as primary point of contact (POC) for any grant administration issues, directly accountable for resolution, promptly responding to internal and external customer needs.
Program Monitoring and Grant Compliance Duties
- Serve as primary POC with 4-H field and donors for reports.
- Monitor field activity via reports and frequent contact and lead development of reporting templates.
- Facilitate and provide training to field staff as needed proper reporting and evaluation procedures.
- Develop and deliver formal donor reports for each assigned account.
- Regularly monitor budgeted project spending and ensure achievement of Indirect Cost Recovery projections for each assigned account.
- Assure fiscal integrity of program operation and timely spending of pass-through dollars to ensure implementation meets donor expectations.
- Develop a budget tracking system for internal and external reports.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor grant administration and financial operations.
- Coordinate budget work with Accounting department colleagues to ensure fidelity to project timeline.
- Track essential metrics for each grant including the number of youth reached through 4-H Positive Youth Development.
- Develop proficiency in using WebGrants, Raisers Edge, SharePoint, and searching in MAS500 for program reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in fundraising, sponsor relations, account management, project management, and internal cross-function teams.
- Prior budget management or project management experience in the non-fort profit and, or for-profit industry.
- Demonstrated donor stewardship, program, and grants compliance experience for a non-profit, required.
- Prior experience managing RFPs/ RFAs and sub-grant and contracting processes.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in WebGrants, Raisers Edge, SharePoint, and searching in MAS500 for program reporting, highly desired.
- Must be able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills; with excellent ability to prioritize.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 20% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
This position typically has the following career ladder:
· Sr. Account Manager
· Program Director
Minimum Education Required