2236 Southeast Belmont Street
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time Epic Site Specialist to serve as the software expert for our Electronic Health Record (EHR), OCHIN Epic, at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care. The Site Specialist is the expert in the use of the EHR, OCHIN Epic to improve and support clinical and operational workflows.
• Coordinating user training and ongoing support for the day-to-day operations and overall system function of Prism’s EHR, OCHIN Epic.
• Coaching staff to improve their use of the applications, implementation of new systems and functionality, workflow optimization, and use of data and reports for quality improvement.
• Conducting technical training needs assessments, developing training and other resources for staff to increase competency.
• Creating and managing report needs, for efficiency in accessing data from electronic health records across all programs (including Prism Health and HIV/STI testing services).
• Collaboration with Epic vendor (OCHIN) and advisory workgroups to optimize use of the system.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Healthcare Operations and will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. This position works closely with the Clinic Manager, Medical Director, and Prevention & Health Services team. Travel throughout the county as well as evening and weekend work is occasionally required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Minimum three years’ experience in a primary care setting using and/or support the use of Epic, electronic health record
• Strong oral and written communications
• Able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way
• Must have excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills, as well as public speaking skills.
• Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and the LGBTQ+ community.
• Must be able to maintain individuals’ confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of a clinician’s scope of practice (e.g. Nurse Practitioner versus Medical Assistant)
• Knowledge of medical clinic operations
• Epic software certification
• Experience with vendor management or vendor collaboration preferred.
• Flexible, adaptable and resourceful, with a willingness and ability to self-teach and learn quickly.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled, application review will begin 10/15/2018.
Compensation: $52,535 annually, based on the union contract; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Epic Site Specialist Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.