Position: Community Life Administrative Assistant
Location: Boston, MA
About The Community Builders:
The Community Builders, Inc. TCB) is a nationally recognized nonprofit developer, owner and manager of affordable and mixed-income residential and commercial properties. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others.
About Community Life
Community Life is TCB’s place-based model that provides stable housing as a platform for residents and neighborhoods to achieve success. TCB communities are places of innovation that address some of the most significant challenges facing low-income populations. We engage residents in creating programs and building strategic partnerships with local stakeholders to support families, seniors, and residents with disabilities to maintain stable housing and create pathways to opportunities in six key practice areas: youth development, education, workforce development, health, asset building, and community engagement.
The Community Life Administrative Assistant will be based in the Boston Corporate office and will have responsibility for providing direct comprehensive support to the Community Life team. S/he must be able to interact and communicate effectively using sound judgment and maintain confidential information. S/he must demonstrate independence and initiative as well as an enthusiasm for the organization’s mission. Under direct supervision of the Vice President of Community Life, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining Outlook calendar and coordination of all travel arrangements and expense reporting for VP of Community Life (CL)
- Set up other meetings/site visits/ travel for other members of team as needed
- Process and track checks, invoices and payments for CL sites – this requires using Yardi and building excellent relationships with staff in the accounting department
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and training using WebEx and other technologies.
- Send and track payment of resident services invoices.
- Track expenses for CL grants.
- Process payment of monthly American Express expenses and other monthly reimbursement for the CL Hub team members.
- Schedule and coordinate Community Life board committee meetings.
- Tracking contract process like Memorandum of Understanding and the like, for all CL sites and coordinating with insurance, legal and other departments as necessary to ensure all contracts are executed appropriately and timely.
- Pulling report from Yardi (property management database) on residents at CL sites
- Maintaining CL intranet page and updating as needed
- Preparation of reports, presentations, statistical graphs & charts and other materials for meetings and correspondence
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and perform effectively under tight time deadlines
- General clerical duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing and filing
- Entering resident surveys and program tracking into CL database Efforts to Outcomes for multiple sites in the portfolio
- Answering resident, vendors and employee telephone inquiries, directing and screening calls as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills (experience with MS Office Suite a must, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred) and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to undertake, balance, and manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated good judgement, professionalism, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills & the ability to create a customer focused culture
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required. Minimum one year in an administrative support role. Human services experience strongly preferred.
2+ years of working as an administrative assistant.
The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity in the workforce, and applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required