District of Columbia
About Education for Employment
Education for Employment (EFE) is an affiliated network of locally-run non-profit organizations that creates economic opportunity for youth in the Middle East and North Africa. Young people in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) face significant obstacles to finding a job, and the impact of their bleak employment prospects is felt not only by the youth themselves, but by their families, communities and societies as a whole. Education For Employment’s (EFE) mission is to create economic opportunity for unemployed youth in the Middle East and North Africa by providing world-class professional and technical training that leads directly to jobs and entrepreneurship support. EFE strives to empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that alleviate poverty and create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
EFE is a network of locally-run, affiliated non-profit organizations working in the Middle East and North Africa. Over the past several years, EFE established an affiliated non-profit organization in seven countries in the MENA region (Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, Tunisia, Morocco and Saudi Arabia). Each affiliate is managed by local staff and governed by a local board of directors made up of accomplished professionals and leaders from various sectors.
Business Systems and Technology Coordinator Responsibilities
The Business Systems and Technology Coordinator is a member of the Global Team, and reports to the Global VP. The successful candidate will work closely with the Global team to assist with the development, documentation, training, and implementation of new and existing systems as well as develop and provide IT support and services to the EFE user base. EFE’s systems include (present and future) Salesforce, Box, Microsoft Office 365, a Student and Grant Management System, and a Learning Management System. In addition, the Business Systems and Technology Coordinator will stay current with technology trends and make recommendations for systems and processes that will benefit the EFE Network. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent personal, professional and relationship management skills in addition to their technical skills.
This is a full time position based in Washington, DC. As a member of the Global team, the Technology Coordinator will also be expected to contribute to EFE affiliate IT needs, particularly in relation to centralized systems that are deployed network-wide such as Salesforce.
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years in a help desk, systems adoption, technical support, or similar role.
- Experience in Salesforce adoption and configuration.
- Lead in the testing, and implementation of new and existing business systems. Knowledge of and experience in simple SQL query creation is highly desirable.
- Experience in website management.
- Develop and prepare training materials and provide support for system user training workshops; present new systems, features, and enhancements; provide one-on-one training as needed.
- Proven ability to set priorities, work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to professionally engage and work with key EFE stakeholders in various settings.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to the MENA region as necessary to advance EFE’s objectives.
- Availability and willingness to work modified hours and days as needed.
The following qualities are essential to all applicants:
- High energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has a “do what it takes” mentality in order to achieve EFE’s objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise independent judgment and sound decision-making in the midst of diverse and complex organizational environments.
- Flexibility and willingness to take initiative
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Quick learner and self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Positive energy and attitude
- A passion for EFE’s mission
Compensation: Commensurate with achievement, experience, and salary history. EFE offers generous health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IMMEDIATE OPENING. To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, to: email@example.com
Please put “Business Systems and Technology Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
**No phone calls please**Education For Employment (EFE) is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Foundation's policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our employment practices.