10 Rockefeller Plaza
Tuesday's Children seeks an experienced individual who will manage, plan and implement Tuesday's Children programs with oversight from the Senior Director of Programs. The Manager will focus on our Career Resource Center, Family Engagement and Skills Development Workshops and assist, as needed, with other programmatic events. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Director of Programs.
- Responsible for the organization and implementation of programs for the Career Resource Center including Career Mentors program and workshops, Family and Community Engagement Events, Skills Development and Youth programming
- Maintain on-going communication with family members and partners
- Establish goals and objectives for program areas in collaboration with Senior Director of Programs
- Maintain strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas
- Manage, record, and update programmatic and constituent information in Raiser’s Edge with help from Database Manager
- Create and maintain relationships with family members, junior board, and board members and facilitate connections between different constituency groups and organizations
- Attend programs, events, and tabling opportunities offered by partner organizations and companies
- Manage and order office supplies for New York City office in a timely manner to maintain an orderly and efficient office environment
- Attend programs and fundraising events as needed
Planning and Development
- Assist in determining needs of constituents by implementing surveys, interviews, focus groups and needs assessments
- Research new venues in various geographical areas for programs
- Work with the Senior Director of Programs and Senior Communications Manager to align the communication strategy for recruiting participants in organization and programs
- Assist in the development of program marketing collateral
- Schedule and maintain calendar of programs
Program Evaluation- in conjunction with the Program Director
- Obtain written and verbal feedback from program participants to determine program effectiveness
- Provide ongoing feedback to facilitators, management team and team regarding programming
- Minimum of a BA
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in maintaining program models, and selecting and successfully implementing innovative programs with 3-5 years of experience in a team role
- Experience within a program based organization, experience with youth
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience developing and implementing program evaluation systems. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Strong project management skills coordinating multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Tuesday's Children's mission
Through a time-tested, long-term approach, Tuesday’s Children programming serves and supports our nation’s military Families of the Fallen; builds resilience and common bonds in communities worldwide recovering from tragedies; while keeping the promise to support all those impacted by 9/11. Since 2001, we have served over 15,000 individuals through consistent and successful evidence-based programs—trauma and grief support, youth mentoring, mental health services, skills-building workshops, career resources, parenting advisement, youth leadership development, community and family engagement events, and volunteerism opportunities.
Start date is immediate.
This is a professional, full-time position, requiring a four-year degree.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required