Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
414 East Diamond Avenue
Plans, coordinates, and implements curriculum- and school-based programs using the Positive Youth Development Model as the theoretical basis for programming. Responsibilities also include identifying client needs, and providing ongoing case management to youth and their families, and serving as primary liaison with other agencies and service providers to support youth and families.
- Plans and implements sessions with co-facilitators in accordance with the curriculum. Arranges creative and engaging events and activities for youth. Compiles necessary material for program sessions as well as parent/family informational sessions. Arrives to all sessions on time and prepared.
- Keeps parents and youth well informed of program activities. Provides case management services, crisis intervention, and conflict mediation to youth when needed and responds appropriately to emergencies that involve or impact youth safety and security.
- Establishes a strong network of professional relationships with school administration and staff and with partner organizations.
- Recruits eligible youth to assist with program tasks.
- Maintains regular contact with youth and parents creating family wellness plans. Completes assessments and referrals for outside providers, and identifies community supports for youth.
- Attends and actively participates in required training, meetings and presentations. Performs administrative functions including data entry, filing, and session material preparation.
- Uses database to record client interactions, services, and resources. Maintains accurate and complete data for documentation.
- Supports Identity's mission and values. Continually looks for ways to improve the organization and works in alignment with Identity's strategic goals.
- Participates in the organization's advocacy activities.
- Orders and organizes program materials and supplies and submits the necessary documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned, required, or needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field required.
- Minimum two years of experience working with youth or community outreach/enrichment program(s).
- Training in Stages of Change, coaching, counseling, or adolescent development is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a federal criminal background check and a Child Protective Services background check.
- Must complete the following training upon hire: Advancing Youth Development, Child Protective Services, HIPAA, CPR/First Aid
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Knowledge of Positive Youth Development (PYD) Model and adolescent psychology (including Stages of Change and developmental stages) and motivational interviewing.
- Ability to lead a group of youth.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, plus experience with database management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with the ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to build rapport with others and maintain strong customer orientation.
- Can prioritize and organize multiple projects to meet deadlines with effective and efficient use of resources.
- Maintains patience and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure and handle emergencies with composure. Is able to diffuse situations with minimal disruption and garner trust from others.
- Possesses the technical knowledge and abilities to perform job responsibilities while demonstrating a high skill level as well as reliability.
- Practices with a concrete set of ethics and principles.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with independent and team-based projects.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required