Seed Global Health (Seed) envisions a world in which every country is strengthened by a robust health workforce to best meet the health needs of its population. Seed’s mission is to educate a rising generation of health professionals to strengthen access to quality care with a goal of saving lives and improving health. Seed is unique in its approach by focusing on the education and training of doctors, nurses and midwives. By training health care professionals and health educators, Seed seeks to empower current and future generations of health providers so that good health is not the privilege of a few, but the right of all.
Seed focuses on strengthening the education, practice, and policy of the local professional health workforce in Africa. Seed’s core strategy and primary entry point centers on placing skilled and qualified educators at partner institutions for a minimum of one academic year. Seed also supports educators and partner institutions through a diverse and complementary package of services aimed at advancing health professional education in the classroom and clinical setting. By investing in long-term partnerships for improved health professional education, we help to create a stronger, more sustainable health workforce that is both locally led and better able to meet local health needs.
The Finance Manager (FM) contributes his/her energy, passion, and skills primarily to supporting Seed’s corporate financial operations, in the US and abroad, in a fast-paced environment during a time of rapid growth. The FM supports various financial operations including accounting, budgeting, reporting, audit coordination, and manages special projects related to organizational needs and priorities as requested by management. This full-time position reports to Director of Operations (DO) and work closely with all domestic and international team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
· Develop policies, procedures, and tools for Seed accounting and financial management, in collaboration with F&A team
· Train and support US staff on financial policies, procedures, and tools, including payroll, Expensify, and accounts payable
· Support the DO and other leadership in the development of the annual budget
· Process US staff bi-weekly payroll
· Responsible for day to day financial transaction activity for the organization, including ensuring adherence organizational and donor policies
· Manage all transactional and analytic aspects of Seed’s monthly financial processes (A/R, A/P, expense reports, payroll)
· Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
· Manage the day-to-day treasury function, including monitoring bank account activity and liaising with bank as needed
· Coordinate the annual US audit process and assess any changes necessary
· Conduct US worker’s compensation audits
· Manage inventory/asset tracking
· Minimum of a B.A. in business, finance, accounting or related
· MBA or related advanced degree preferred
· At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 7+ years of broad financial experience
· Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
· Experience in a non-profit setting is a plus
· Experience in fund or grant accounting preferred
· Ability to translate financial concepts to and effectively collaborate with non-finance colleagues
· Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in person, via the telephone and with electronic communications
· Flexibility and proven ability to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including flexibility and a sense of humor
· Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
· Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organization work environment
· Strong sense of accountability, personal initiative, and responsibility
· Passion and commitment to Seed’s mission
· Excellent computer skills, including strong command of the Microsoft Office suite
· Highly proficient in use of Quickbooks
· Will be based in Boston, MA
· Will be based in an office environment
· Will be required to sit/stand for up to eight hours or more per day
Seed does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health/dental/eye insurance, 401(k), and vacation benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website to learn more and apply.