Details: Compensation commensurate with experience
Not In Our Town (NIOT) is an Oakland, CA based non profit that serves a network of hundreds of schools and communities across the country who stand against bullying, hate and inequality and work to bridge differences, foster inclusion and build equity. Through documentary films, online resources and action guides for communities, schools and law enforcement, NIOT supports local leaders across the U.S. in building safe, inclusive communities where everyone is encouraged to participate.
The Executive Assistant, who reports to the Executive Producer/Founder, provides general administrative support to a team of three staff and six consultants, ensuring smooth and effective operations across the organization. The Executive Assistant will work closely with staff to arrange meetings and events in addition to supporting other projects and institutional needs. This is a full-time position, based out of our downtown Oakland, CA office.
Essential job functions include maintaining organizational operations and procedures, assisting with internal and external event production and logistics, supporting the administrative needs of senior leadership and staff, performing data entry, and maintaining databases.
- Assist the organization with fundraising, community engagement, and other events (on-site and out of the office); some evening events required
- Manage a complex and frequently changing organization-wide schedule and calendar with tact, sensitivity, and efficiency
- Coordinate production of graphics and materials
- Draft and File grant proposals (under direction from staff) copy edit documents and other materials
- Coordinate general office operations, including but not limited to: staff meeting agendas, scheduling conference rooms, mail distribution (internal and external), media sales fulfillment, office supplies, and IT support
- Carry out basic data entry and update office records and documents on a regular basis
- Assist with producing presentation decks for external events using Microsoft PowerPoint, including layout and copy editing
- Respond to general phone and email requests for information, ensuring communications are passed on to the appropriate staff member
- Manage travel arrangements for Executive Producer
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
• At least three years of professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
• Genuine interest in working in the nonprofit sector and a strong interest and alignment with NIOT’s mission to address hate and bullying and build safe inclusive communities for all
Exceptional communication skills--written and oral
• Proactive, self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, and creative in the planning process
• Able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities
• Possesses a friendly attitude, customer service mentality, intellectual curiosity and a good sense of humor
• Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills
• Advanced skills in office productivity technology and collaboration tools including Microsoft Office and Google Apps; experience utilizing CRM databases a plus
• Graphic design experience and familiarity with Adobe InDesign a plus
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a fulltime position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience. This position is located in Oakland, CA.
This is a fulltime position with benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter indicating your experience and interest in the position, your resume and two references to email@example.com.
Not In Our Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a commitment to diversity in the workplace. People of color and of all genders are strongly encouraged to apply.