Details: Salary based on experience.
125 High Street
Expect Miracles Foundation – Financial Services Against Cancer is currently seeking an Events & Operations Assistant to join its small, hardworking team. Expect Miracles Foundation is a leading cancer charity within the financial industry. The Foundation plans, executes and manages all aspects of high-end networking events for top tier financial institutions and executives, with proceeds benefiting cancer research and patient care programs nationwide. If you're interested in learning about non-profit management, development, and special events, Expect Miracles Foundation provides an entrepreneurial environment where your thoughts can be heard and you can make a huge impact. This position has a great opportunity for growth within the organization.
Candidates must be professional, extroverted, outgoing, passionate, extremely detail-oriented, exhibit an enthusiastic personality and have a willingness to learn while wearing a few different hats within an organization with a small staff. A quick learner who is highly motivated and pro-active is a must. This is a great opportunity for someone with 1 to 3 years experience working in an office seeking a career in the non-profit sector and wants to learn more about managing a 501c3 and planning all aspects of an event. Working in a team environment, this position is responsible for assisting in the planning and executing of annual events to advance the Foundation’s mission. The position will report directly to the Assistant Director.
· Work on the implementation and planning of Expect Miracles Foundation’s annual events which bring anywhere from 200-800 people together and raise $1,000,000+
- East Coast Golf Classic (Golf – Boston, MA)
- Atlantic Coast Golf Classic (Golf – New York, NY)
- West Coast Golf Classic (Golf – San Diego, CA)
- Wine & Spirits Event (Gala – Boston, MA)
- Expect Miracles in Manhattan (Gala – New York, NY)
· Solicit auction items for special events, including cold-calling and proposal writing
· Manage recruitment and selection of event volunteers
· Manage on-site event logistics of events including event set up and breakdown
· Manage and lead individual fundraising initiatives and campaigns (e.g. racing teams, grassroots projects, etc.)
· Steer Young Financial Professionals Expect Miracles group through coordination with Leadership team and assistance with events
· Steward the Young Financial Professionals Expect Miracles leadership teams in Boston and New York City through in-person meetings, emails, and phone calls
· Maintain records and the donor database
· Write, proof reading, and edit documents
· Assist Assistant Director and Executive Director as needed
Minimum Job Requirements
· Bachelor's degree
· 1 to 3 years experience in an office environment
· Outgoing, friendly and helpful personality
· Demonstrated passion for our cause
· Excellent project management skills; comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities, and working long hours when needed for events
· Ability to travel occasionally for events
· Ability to attend occasional night and weekend meetings and events
· Mandatory attendance at cornerstone events and young professional events
· Understanding of social media
· Positive attitude and quick learner
· Terrific work ethic and a keen eye for detail
· Open to new ideas and influences and quick to react to changing requirements
· Ability to work independently and take initiative while collaborating within a small team
· Excellent customer service ability / experience with donor relations and stewardship
· Aptitude for technology, including MS Office, social media, and Macintosh computers
· Must be able to lift 20-30 lbs.
Preferred Job Requirements
· Experience with events
· Experience working with a non-profit
· Experience in management of support staff and volunteers
· Experience soliciting donations
Job Type: Full-time. Salary based on experience. Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution)
Our office is conveniently located in Boston’s Financial District on High Street and is accessible to public transportation.
1. Cover letter
3. Salary requirements
to: email@example.com Subject line re: LAST NAME: Events & Operations Assistant. No phone calls please.
Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution)
Minimum Education Required