208 West 13th Street
Reports To: Deputy Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: Hours will vary and include weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedule flexibility required.
Summary: Seeking a dynamic and team-oriented people leader to oversee all aspects of The Center’s onsite visitor experience. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Director of Visitor Services will provide hands-on floor management of the Information & Referral (I&R) team, as well as collaborate with staff and leaders from across the organization to create an optimal guest and client experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, organize and oversee daily building operations, ensuring optimal advance planning, functionality, responsiveness and safety with a focus on visitor experience.
- Serve as a visitor advocate, proactively identifying, improving, addressing and/or solving issues that will lead to increased user satisfaction and engagement.
- Recruit, train, manage and lead the I&R Coordinator and team, including scheduling, activities and task supervision, and performance modeling and coaching.
- Respond to I&R requests for assistance and support during Center operating hours.
- Serve as first point of contact for any escalated visitor complaints, issues or questions. Take appropriate action where necessary in regard to access or safety issues in consultation with DED/COO.
- Supervise third party security personnel and serve as primary point of contact to service provider.
- Collaborate with Director of Facilities and Director of Events, Production & Reservations (EPR) to ensure excellence in cross-departmental effectiveness, including planning, coordination and communication.
- Develop awareness expertise of all Center produced programming, activities, user groups and referral resources.
- Partner with staff and leadership in behavioral health, community support and program administration to develop systems for knowledge and information sharing, coordination and collaboration.
- Ensure referral resources and information is consistently updated and readily available to staff and visitors.
- Serve as point of contact and operational liaison to Think Coffee, The Center’s lobby café partner.
- In coordination with The Center’s communications team, manage experiential print collateral, wayfinding, signage, and other materials as needed, ensuring brand alignment and consistency.
- Manage related vendors and systems.
- Identify processes and systems to measure and analyze various metrics of the user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 6-8 years of relevant hospitality/customer service experience; related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor and people leader with ability to engage, motivate and inspire a committed team.
- Knowledge of LGBT communities, issues and resources required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Experience in conflict resolution; ability to utilize de-escalation techniques, including diplomacy, empathy and professionalism when dealing with escalated situations and conflict.
- Ability to adapt to circumstances in a sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an understanding of the power of direct language and use of brevity.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to social and racial justice and the overall mission of The Center.
Minimum Education Required