Greenmarket Organization Information
Greenmarket is a program of GrowNYC, a NYC-based non-profit organization. Greenmarket's mission is to promote regional agriculture and ensure a continuing supply of fresh local produce for New Yorkers. Greenmarket supports farmers and preserves farmland for the future by providing regional, small family farmers with opportunities to sell their fruits, vegetables and other farm products to New Yorkers.
Greenmarket Operations Manager
The Greenmarket Operations Manager oversees operations at GrowNYC’s Greenmarket farmers markets and provides operational assistance for GrowNYC’s Youthmarkets and Fresh Food Box locations. By completing the responsibilities detailed below, the Greenmarket Operations Manager ensures Greenmarket farmers markets operate safely, efficiently, and effectively for Greenmarket customers, staff, and producers.
We are searching for an organized, decisive, flexible, early-riser who can multi-task and has operations, conflict resolution, and management experience. Reporting to the Greenmarket Director and Assistant Directors, this position will spend time at markets and in the GrowNYC office. A thorough understanding of seasonal, local food and growing practices is beneficial, but not necessary. This staff person will be afforded exceptional access to our region’s food and farming community.
Operation Manager’s Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee logistics and market operations for all GrowNYC Greenmarket farmers markets and provide operational assistance to GrowNYC Youthmarkets and Fresh Food Box locations.
- Work with Inspections Manager, Director, & FCAC to create, improve, and interpret market rules and regulations, as well as consistent enforcement protocols.
- Assist in the management and training of Greenmarket Regional Coordinators and Market Managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Greenmarket producers and send out regular operations-related communications.
- Communicate and maintain relationships with customers, market partners, politicians, and other local entities.
- Attend community and partner meetings.
- With assistance, maintain Greenmarket fleet and market equipment.
- Perform administrative duties and attend weekly meetings in the office.
- Participate in strategic development & special projects including, but not limited to, emergency/disaster planning, technological infrastructure for market reporting/tracking, and other innovations to make markets successful.
- Work outdoors part of the time, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
- Transport heavy/bulky items and equipment.
- Work at least one weekend day every week and some holidays.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a cargo van.
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$75,000 and includes benefits. For additional information, please see our website at http://www.GrowNYC.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Pam Knepper, firstname.lastname@example.org. Combine all submissions into one PDF and write “Operations Manager” in the subject line. All people representing the diversity of New York City are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace. GrowNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.