Jane’s Due Process is seeking a project coordinator for our community outreach and youth engagement work. The outreach and engagement coordinator will take over our current outreach efforts to make sure teens and adults who interact with youth in Texas know about the reproductive rights of young people, particularly their right to judicial bypass for abortion. This position will also include our new youth engagement work with former clients and other youth passionate about reproductive rights. This new position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Client Services Manager.
- Develop outreach efforts to communicate with and educate teens of their legal rights, particularly around birth control and abortion care.
- Expand and improve visibility including managing strategic communications via social media platforms and website.
- Raise support and awareness of Jane’s Due Process services by partnering with other youth-focused organizations, community colleges, and community health organizations.
- Represent JDP at conferences and community events across Texas.
- Create a youth advisory board to provide direction and critique of JDP’s outreach efforts.
- Work with the Client Services Manager to develop a youth engagement program that could include peer educators and supporters; support for clients who want to share their story; and volunteer opportunities for former clients.
- Assist other staff members (Managers of Client Services and Development) when needed with special projects. We are a small organization expanding from 3 full-time employees to four, and as a small non-profit, we all take on the occasional responsibility related to events or projects outside of our job descriptions.
- Ability to work independently and with other staff members.
- Ability to relate to youth of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel 20 percent of time and occasionally work weekends.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Spanish language
- Previous experience working with youth of intersecting identities in Texas
- MA in Social Work
- Proven experience with community engagement and education
- Familiarity with social media paid advertising
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Salary range $35,000-45,000 dependent on experience. Includes vacation & sick leave, and qualified retirement plan after one year. JDP offers a reimbursement plan for health insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish or other language abilities preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
We will begin to review applications two weeks after posting. Applications will be accepted and position will remain open until filled.
Jane’s Due Process is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, country of origin, documentation, or any other factor protected by state, local, and/or federal laws.