Applicants must live within 35 miles of our Miami office.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami (HFHGM) is seeking a talented and dynamic individual to join our Development team in the role of Director of Major Gifts, Individual Giving. This opportunity provides an individual the opportunity to establish and implement fundraising strategies for an exciting cause - creating opportunities for home-ownership - and be a key part of sharing the Habitat story and mission.
The right individual for this role should possess previous hands-on experience in cultivating donor-centric relationships which have resulted in major gift donations. This position will be responsible managing a portfolio of donors over $1,000 and for developing a strategy and the portfolio required to identify, close and retain relationships with individuals, and for meeting a significant annual revenue goal. This position will report to the Chief Development Officer.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing major gifts from high net-worth individuals
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in Miami-Dade County
- Conduct and/or coordinate face-to-face visits, and other activities with donors
- Meet or exceed annual individual revenue goals
- Manage and grow the Women Building up Women initiative, by cultivating and attracting Team Captains and members and coordinating events, together with the Events Manager.
- Manage and develop a caseload of active major gifts prospects, and carry out strategies for solicitation of these prospects
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
- Routinely engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and five and six figure closings
- Collaborate with team members and to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades, and with colleagues to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to get to know what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors
- Compassionately articulate the Habitat story
- Guide the development of compelling proposals and oversee the development of creative presentations and reports
- Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA and/or CFRE certification preferred
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- 5+ years of front-line experience in leadership gifts development
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity
- Ability to engage senior managers and board members in donor visits, and to earn and maintain their confidence
- Successful experience closing complex five and six-figure commitments including planned gifts, campaign and endowment gifts, and investment options
- Superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors, Board members, and leadership in the field
- Ability to collaborate with others in a dynamic organizational environment
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and the capacity to passionately engage, inspire and persuade
- Willingness to travel within Miami-Dade to regularly visit and cultivate new and existing donor relationships
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT is preferred
- A sense of humor and a strong work ethic are very important