Details: Commensurate with experience.
BALLET TECH, the NYC Public School for Dance, seeks a dedicated, energetic, and organized individual as a full-time Program Assistant. Reporting to the Administrative Directors, the Program Assistant supervises and mentors students ages 8-18, schedules auditions, updates student records, and assists in the operations of the Introduction to Ballet Program. Experience with children and a sense of humor are essential. Bi-lingual is a plus, but not required.
Ballet Tech (BT) is dedicated to developing new generations of dancers by introducing thousands of New York City public school children to the beauty and rigor of classical dance and providing those most promising with the professional training necessary to pursue their creative potential, tuition-free. In 1978, choreographer Eliot Feld began Ballet Tech to provide tuition-free dance training to develop new generations of dancers drawn from the NYC public school system. Ballet Tech subsequently entered into a public/private partnership with the NYC Department of Education (DOE) in 1996, making it possible for students to study dance as part of the regular school day. Ballet Tech serves 180 students annually in grades 4-12.
· Daily supervision of students during class transitional periods
· Supervising students during our season at the Joyce Theater
· Scheduling auditions
· Assisting in the operations of the Introduction to Ballet Program
· Data entry
· Assist with mailings
· Maintain student records
· Assistance with phone calls
Required Skills and Experience
· Professional demeanor and positive role for students
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Experience with children
· Team player who can also work independently
· Openness to work collaboratively to solve problems
· Interest in dance and/or performing arts
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree
Ballet Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience, plus health insurance, 403b, transitcheck, and dental. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Health insurance, 403b, transitcheck, and dental.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required