32BJ SEIU is one of the largest and most dynamic labor unions on the East coast, with over 163,000 members in 11 states and Washington, DC. We are the largest property service union in the country, representing security officers, residential building workers and porters, commercial office building cleaners and maintenance workers; school support workers, window cleaners, and food service workers.
The Union is at the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, including campaigns to guarantee living wages and expand access to health care. Our parent organization, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), is the nation’s largest labor union.
District 615 of 32BJ SEIU represents 18,000 members in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. The district seeks a new Administrative Manager, who is based in the Boston office and is responsible for the facilities and administrative support for 40+ staff, district meetings and events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Supervise a team of four and oversee building management and maintenance, vendor contracts, reception operations, and meeting and event logistics.
- Manage logistical support for campaign operations, including maintaining inventory, ordering equipment and supplies, and organizing transportation and space as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the district Staff Director, specifically with respect to personnel, data management and reporting, and financial controls.
- Liaise with headquarters office (based in New York City) for purposes of payroll, human resources, accounting, union contracts, and office services.
- Support general office operations including training staff on technology, assisting managers with campaign operations, and oversight of room scheduling.
- Experienced office manager with track record successfully managing a large, fast-paced office.
- Ability to adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability handling confidential material and information in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written – including effective business writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word (mail merge), Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Ability to learn internal data and workflow systems required. Advanced Excel skills and database management preferred.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills, including effective troubleshooting – anticipating and finding solutions to developing problems.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a motivated self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work with a diverse group of members.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of core business hours including evenings and weekend as needed Experience with, and commitment to, social justice issues not required but a plus!
- Fluent written and oral Spanish preferred but not required.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Our benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their qualified dependents, and retirement benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resumé and letter of interest to Bethany Renner, Staff Director at HR@seiu32bj.org.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.