Empatico, an initiative of The KIND Foundation, is a free tool for educators to connect their classrooms with others around the world. Our mission is to give millions of educators and students the opportunity to tell their stories, explore their similarities and differences, and practice empathy through meaningful, virtual connections. Empatico was created to produce a more empathetic future generation with a greater understanding of the world and the people within it. Named a Fast Company 2018 World Changing Idea, we recently completed our first year of operation and have already reached more than 4,600 classrooms in 100+ countries.
About The KIND Foundation
The KIND Foundation is a philanthropic entity established by KIND Healthy Snacks. Our mission, to foster kinder and more empathetic communities, is brought to life through a variety of programming meant to celebrate and inspire positive action. In 2017, the Foundation announced its signature endeavor Empatico, a $20 million multi-year initiative. To learn more, visit: kindsnacks.com/foundation.
As an active contributor of the Content & Evaluation team, you’ll provide support for projects and teams that impact every function of Empatico, from engineering to design to business development. You'll work on important issues that affect the organization, and will help all team members be more successful.
We love generalists who can quickly bring themselves up to speed on a variety of topics and functions. The work involved in the role will change week to week and you will have a significant, tangible impact on the company and the team. Due to our young startup nature, you’ll often get to see your ideas come to life.
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Empatico is a mission-driven organization that takes pride in making a significant impact in the lives of millions of students and teachers globally.
You will own and contribute to tasks across the organization, including:
- Support the execution and management of product rollout in classrooms
- Support educational content (curriculum) development with education partners
- Provide user support and manage incoming inquiries about Empatico via chat and email
- Collect and synthesize qualitative data from multiple sources, including drafting reports, to provide actionable insights that directly inform program and product improvements
- Reason through complex problems that plague teachers and identify solutions to successfully address their concerns
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and product demos with teachers and observe exchanges between partner classrooms
- Support research and evaluation efforts
- Initiate, prioritize, and manage multiple projects at any given time
- Contribute to developing cross-organization processes, while assisting other team members to be more productive and efficient
- Attend conferences, engage in social media efforts, and support communication and business development initiatives across teams
- Own administrative tasks for the Content & Evaluation team, including scheduling interviews and writing memos
The ideal candidate will have...
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfort working in a high growth, ambiguous, constantly changing environment
- High degree of emotional intelligence, verbal communication, writing skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and build a scalable process
- Passion for Empatico's mission to connect millions of students around the world; classroom teaching experience a plus
- Language skills a plus (especially Spanish or French)
In addition, all Empatico team members will have...
- Empathy for, understanding of, and respect for the teaching profession
- Deep commitment to the values of Empatico and a passion for connecting young people across cities and countries
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, identify problems/opportunities, and be resourceful in taking action
- Highly collaborative approach to achieving success and a willingness to approach team members with grace, empathy, and a sense of humor
Level of Language Proficiency
Language skills a plus (especially Spanish or French)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or resume and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified and personally interested in pursuing the Content & Community Engagement Associate position at Empatico.
The KIND Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The KIND Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The KIND Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Kind Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.