Details: $18/hour to start
699 Mississippi Street,
The part-time Conservation Associate/Program Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director of SaveNature.Org and assist in developing the organization's public presence through social media and events, drafting correspondence, managing databases, responsible for bookkeeping, producing newsletters and promotional materials, , coordinating fundraisers, and special projects. The position will help manage and coordinate bookings of the Insect Discovery Lab (IDL) while advancing outreach and assisting with the maintenance of SaveNature.Org’s website. The Conservation Associate may on occasion present educational outreach programs. Additionally the position will assist in advancing our partnerships with businesses, educational institutions and corporations; expanding the Adopt An Acre®, Adopt A Reef® programs.
◦ Manage partnership development through a variety of communications channels including email, phone, in-person meetings, events, etc.
◦ Establish a strong network of key contacts with partner schools.
◦ Lead day-to-day program management duties.
◦ Support IDL educators by ensuring teaching materials are provided and up to date.
◦ Create and manage agency’s social media postings. Track analytics on social media engagement.
◦ Coordinate and write compelling content for print and digital materials, including but not limited to e-newsletters, flyers, and fundraising appeals.
◦ Support administration of fundraising events.
◦ Contribute to a set of special projects related to our marketing, communications and advocacy work.
◦ Provide regular bookkeeping with QuickBooks
Key skills and experience:
◦ Experience with social media tools
◦ Experience with budget and client management software (Filemaker Pro & QuickBooks)
◦ Excellent writing and communication skills.
◦ Strong client service orientation and presentation skills.
◦ Thrives in an agile, fast-paced work environment and able to juggle shifting priorities.
◦ Creative and able to take initiative in identifying solutions.
◦ Strong prioritization, organization and project management skills.
◦ Ready to roll up sleeves and work in a small team environment.
◦ Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, Instagram and QuickBooks
Hours: part time 30+ hours/week Monday - Friday. Occasional weekends and evenings for special events.
This is a part-time job with the potential of becoming full time.
This is at a non-profit organization.
SaveNature.Org is a nonprofit conservation organization. Funds are raised to support conservation projects world wide through SaveNature.Org's Adopt An Acre/Adopt A Reef and Conservation Parking Meter programs and award winning Insect Discovery Lab. Funds are used for the purchase and protection of rainforest, coral reef and desert habitat.
To Apply: Email only. Send resume and cover let
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required