2100 Crystal Drive
Provide maintenance support for the PBS media processing systems located at the Media Operations Center in Arlington (Crystal City), Virginia.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain equipment and resources for the media processing systems to meet the PBS goal of 99.95% on-air reliability.
- Conduct daily system health checks.
- Monitor system dashboard and respond to system errors/issues.
- Monitor and respond to service request tickets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment/system issues and escalate as needed.
- Perform routine tests and preventative maintenance on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Coordinate with outside vendor support to resolve equipment technical issues.
- Install, connect and configure new media processing systems.
- Work with outside vendors/contractors in support of facility.
- Provide Daily Report.
- Organize and inventory equipment, parts and spares.
- Coordinate with other PBS units and departments.
- Participate in meetings to review, update or modify workflows or procedures.
- Participate in meetings to review system issues and outstanding service request tickets.
- Use spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, signal generators, audio and video switchers, etc. to perform maintenance functions.
- Assist operators with system setup and usage.
Requirements for success:
- 5 years of prior maintenance experience in a broadcast or cable television environment.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or equivalent industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with MAC and PC operating systems – Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of operating systems, workstations, servers, interface cards, and similar equipment.
- Experience with IP networking equipment and systems - troubleshooting of routers, switches and network interface is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the following systems or equivalent:
- Adobe Edit Systems
- Avid (Media Composer, Interplay, PAM, MAM)
- Ericsson IRDs
- Grass Valley Video Router
- Imagine Communications (Nexio Servers, Amp, ADC 100)
- Marquis Broadcast
- Miranda i-Control monitoring & control system
- Quantum (SAN and LTO Library)
- Telestream Vantage
- Satellite Dish and associated mechanical equipment
- VimBiz ticketing system
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of digital television, video, audio, control, automation, tape, video servers, editing, transcoding, and other television equipment.
- Ability to work independently on assignments and report back on progress.
- Excellent time management skills – must be able to prioritize tasks and adapt to rapidly changing system requirements with minimum supervision.
- Excellent stress and crisis management skills – must be able to make informed and appropriate decisions under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills – must be able to work comfortably in highly diverse, cross departmental teams and interact effectively with member station representatives;
- Good understanding of IP based LAN, WAN and Internet based systems.
- Knowledge of high definition digital signal theory and ability to apply it on a systems level.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or other high-end drafting software is required.
- Performing "hands on" work such as pulling cables, installing equipment, and related activities
- Should be familiar with applicable SMPTE, IEEE, ATSC and ITU standards
- SBE certification is preferred.
- Experience in public broadcasting preferred.
- This position is shift based and will require evening, weekend, and on-call work.
- This position requires standing, the ability to lift equipment and operate hand and small power tools.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required