Details: Commensurate with experience
Responsible for maintaining and supporting multiple mission-critical data center environments and its associated backup infrastructure. This individual will provide direct technical support and physical deployment for a Citrix remote access and VDI environment, hosted client network/server environments, virtual environments and storage networks, a portion of which contain sensitive and confidential information and data. Additionally, this person will serve as the lead internal support for the company VoIP phone systems and primary liaison with the PBX vendor.
Key technology includes: VDI/remote access (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop), server hardware (HP, NetApp, EMC/Dell), virtualization software (VMWare), server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2012,2016), VOIP/Telco (Avaya IP Office, Nortel CS1K, SIP), storage and backup (Isilon, NetApp, EMC/Dell hardware; Veritas Backup Exec, CommVault software), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SQL databases (MS SQL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain strict confidentiality in working with company servers, storage and archive that contains sensitive, confidential and financial information and data.
- Serve as lead engineer for company Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop main and backup environments; monitor performance daily to achieve company SLA.
- Plan, execute and publish reports for routine Microsoft updates and security patches using Group Policy and Windows Update Server Services (WSUS).
- Perform, test and monitor daily/weekly backup and restores per company backup policy and procedures.
- Serve as lead engineer for company telecom infrastructure: Avaya IP Officeand CS1000 PBX’s and point person for company PBX vendor for upper level maintenance, design and repair issues. Manage voicemail system (Call Pilot) and familiar with managing phone tree menu system.
- Monitor performance of company data storage environments (Isilon, NetApp) and work collaboratively with the IT team in troubleshooting and maintenance to meet or exceed service levels.
- Record and maintain accurate incident and change records and logs per company change management policy and procedures.
- Serves as consultative resource to other IT staff by assisting in problem resolution, assisting with system design and integration and recommending alternative techniques and providing training. Includes routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, installation and configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Provides technical assistance to IT Operations, IT Applications, Broadcast Applications and the Help Desk in order to resolve production schedules or problems.
- Participates in the coordination, design, deployment, development, and expansion of all storage management related technologies.
- Participates in operations enablement efforts for disaster recovery/business resumption initiatives. Participates in team efforts during Disaster Recovery Exercises.
- 3 or more years related technical work experience in an organization involving key responsibility and access to mission critical servers, storage and backup environments.
- 3 or more years technical working experience with the following technologies:
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop VDI environment
- Windows Server Update Services
- NetApp data environments
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Microsoft SQL
- 3 or more years of professional experience with at least two of the following technologies:
- EMC VXRail data environment
- Isilon storage systems
- Nortel/Avaya VoIP phone PBX
- Sophos anti-virus endpoint protection
- Tape-based backup and restoration
- 3 or more years of professional experience with the following IT processes:
- Incident /Service request management and escalation
- Knowledgebase management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Good analytical skills to ensure performance is being met and search for ways to improve efficiency and quality of support
- A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems on multiple platforms from datacenter to desktop.
- Ability to initiate, build and manage strong relationships across multiple business units and support teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of current information technologies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and technical teams
- Strong communicator, both face to face and remotely
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link:
NYPR must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy.