Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an Accounting Coordinator to join the Finance Team at our Central Office!
This position is deal for someone who possesses foundational accounting training, preferably in the nonprofit sector, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, as well as working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Accounting Coordinator will help support the finance team, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As a Accounting Coordinator you are entrusted to:
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card activity, including follow-up up with card holders to obtain appropriate backup and approvals
- Maintain our electronic vendor files, including 1099 contractor information where applicable
- Preparation of vendor payments for weekly mailing of check run
- Assist with annual 1099 filing preparation
- Travel to Brooklyn Prospect Charter School locations (within Brooklyn) on a weekly basis; cash/check handling required
- Preparation of cash and check receipts for deposit and process weekly bank deposits
- Provide backup support and coverage to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialists as required
- General support of the Finance Team in the precise accounting and record-keeping of three separate 501c3 entities, including cross-collaboration with other Network departments and school-based operations teams as needed
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
- Associates degree or higher in a related field preferred; in-progress degrees considered
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in an Accounting office preferred
- Proficiency with commonly used accounting software (FundEZ, Abila MIP, Quickbooks for Nonprofits, Blackbaud, etc), preferably in a fund based environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Suite experience also preferred
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new areas
- Ability to work with grace and skill under pressure
- Competitive Salary - Hourly
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.