10510 Culver Blvd.
Are you an experienced organizer who is all about impact, reaching and engaging large numbers of people and groups?
Are you a political junkie?
Do you love film and believe in power of narrative to change the world?
Are you a supercharged, hard working, result oriented person?
Are you willing to challenge yourself?
Do you thrive in a culture of accountability and initiative?
If so, we have the job for you at Brave New Films. We are seeking an Outreach Director to join our team. Located in Los Angeles where the weather is always good, where dogs are brought to work and where hummingbirds flutter in the courtyard of our motel-turned-offices. Brave New Films creates narrative content on immigration reform, criminal justice, racial equity and youth leadership with a strong focus on distributing that content far and wide to reach new audiences, start conversations, shift attitudes and disrupt the mainstream narrative.
The Outreach Director supervises and runs Brave New Films outreach program.
This is a large and robust program with thousands of free screenings every year hosted by local and national advocacy groups, educators (colleges and high schools), and individuals at home. We are looking for significant expansion of number of screenings for groups and schools.
Reports to: Head of Distribution
Compensation salary based on experience. We offer a benefits package with vacation, sick days, fully paid insurance premium on medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, maternity/paternity/family leave plan.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Deadline to apply is April 30th, 2018
The letter of application is a very important first step.
Send the following to email@example.com
1. In addition to your resume, please include:
- A cover letter in which you provide specific examples of previous work and/or life experience that make you the perfect fit as our Outreach Director.
- 2-3 professional references.
2. (Please answer questions thoughtfully) There is an explosion of political activity and passion for change right now. Keeping in mind that we are a small (but mighty) non-profit, choose one of our existing full-length or short films and tell us how you would:
- Reach the most educators and schools as possible with that film.
- Reach civic groups that are engaged in advocacy work with that film.