Co-founded in 1915 by Helen Keller, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the world’s vulnerable. We combat the causes and consequences of preventable blindness, malnutrition and diseases of poverty with more than 120 programs in 20 African and Asian countries, as well as in the United States. Renowned for its reliability, efficiency and high level of technical expertise, Helen Keller International promotes the development of large-scale, sustainable solutions to some of the most pressing issues in public health. We deliver scientific rigor and effectively leverage donor dollars with our hallmark characteristics of grit, compassion and integrity. If you share these characteristics, we invite you to apply to open positions at Helen Keller International.
The Donor Communications unit is part of a growing External Relations department at HKI and serves the organization’s mission through the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. We raise funds to support HKI programs in Africa, Asia and the United States (ChildSight®) through a proactive and collaborative process of identifying, initiating and managing effective relationships. Our donor-centered approach recognizes the needs and priorities of our partners while remaining aligned to our organizational mission and strategic plan.
The Donor Communications unit is seeking a Digital Fundraising Manager.
Scope of Position
The Digital Fundraising Manager will plan and execute a comprehensive digital fundraising and stewardship strategy. S/he will acquire, retain, and segment donors and prospects with compelling solicitations and cultivations via email, social media and other digital platforms.
The Manager plays a critical role in the growth and success of digital fundraising, a core component of the overall strategy to achieve unrestricted revenue goals. In addition to developing content and producing digital fundraising communications, s/he is responsible for generating key performance analytics and reporting, and refining and developing efficient back-end processes and systems.
- Develop a robust digital strategy, in alliance with the direct mail program and other fundraising efforts, to meet revenue and other targets for all email, sustainer, social media, and third-party fundraising initiatives.
- Manage execution of the plan:
- Research, leverage, and draft content for digital fundraising communications;
- Project manage all digital fundraising products and ensure deadlines are met and quality control standards are consistently implemented; and
- Manage the online fundraising communications calendar.
- Research, propose, develop, and oversee new online fundraising and cultivation initiatives.
- Manage digital fundraising advertising plan in partnership with Global Communications colleagues.
- Monitor the performance of online and integrated fundraising efforts by tracking key performance indicators; produce reports and analysis to inform actionable strategies and tactics.
- Supervise work of outside consultant to develop, code, and maintain messaging and donation templates, and updates to Helen’s Gifts, our symbolic gift site. Manage email engagement vendor and assure operational performance and effectiveness of the email platform.
· Keep abreast of digital marketing trends; apply insights and learnings to establish and augment HKI baselines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field, plus 7+ years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in developing and executing successful digital fundraising strategies to attract new audiences and to retain and deepen the engagement of current supporters.
- Exemplary project management skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analytics, performance metrics, and trends analysis.
- Expertise with email distribution platforms (Luminate a plus), customer relationship management software (Raiser’s Edge a plus), and basic HTML/CSS coding and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in developing solicitation and cultivation messaging for email and social media
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships, and effectively collaborate with diverse teams, both at headquarters and in the field.
· Personal commitment to HKI’s mission and goals and the values demonstrated by HKI co-founder, Helen Keller: compassion, grit, and optimism. Sense of humor preferred and appreciated.
· US work authorization and residence in or willingness to relocate to the NY metro area.
Minimum Education Required