Lines for Life Job Description
Position Title: YouthLine Regional Coordinator, Central Oregon
Location: Central Oregon
Reports To: Assistant Crisis Lines Director of YouthLine in Portland, Oregon
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Overview: The YouthLine Regional Coordinator will take initiative to bring schools and community stakeholders together to implement a new YouthLine satellite program in the Central Oregon region with support from the current YouthLine team in based in Portland. This position will engage local youth and community stakeholders throughout Central Oregon in mental health related prevention outreach activities and classroom education, as well as recruit, supervise, train and mentor youth peer intervention specialist volunteers on the YouthLine hotline.
- Strengthen existing relationships and partnerships in Central Oregon with school districts, youth related service providers, and other stakeholders to expand services and improve resource data base.
- Research, organize and lead classroom and community education and outreach events.
- Mentor YouthLine peer intervention and outreach volunteer specialists.
- Oversee Central Oregon volunteer recruitment, retention and recognition plan.
- Deliver in-class presentations educating students and the community about (youth) mental health aid, suicide, drug and alcohol, bullying, etc.
- Establish rapport with YouthLine volunteers and callers.
- Assist with YouthLine training of teen volunteers.
- Coordinate collaboration with other stakeholders including: law enforcement, local governments, civic organizations, treatment and prevention organizations.
- Provide sound clinical judgment, supervision and coaching to volunteers during challenging cases.
- Triage calls and collaborate with coworkers to minimize caller wait times.
- Assist with rescue plans and contacting emergency services and CPS when needed.
- Research social media outreach opportunities and work with YouthLine volunteers to maintain a social media presence.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for the YouthLine Team (remotely) and coordinate monthly meetings with YouthLine volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Portland YouthLine team on outreach activities and special events.
- Become a local expert on the demographics, risk factors, and opportunities for the YouthLine to support teens in Central Oregon.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the goals and philosophies of Lines for Life.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in public health, counseling, or social work strongly preferred. A Bachelor’s degree will be considered if the candidate has exceptional experience.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for effective youth engagement, development, and mentoring.
- Crisis Intervention training and experience
- Proficient with data base and MS Office computer environment
- Strong aptitude for networking with diverse groups of people
- Strong aptitude for working with teens and young adults
- A minimum of two years of experience working with youth
- Ability to handle stress.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Travel and Schedule Requirement
- Travel is required throughout the Central Oregon region for meetings, trainings, and outreach plus, occasional meetings in Portland.
- The YouthLine hours are between 4 pm – 10 pm. Once a youth volunteer pool has been recruited and trained, this position will supervise at least one evening a week.
- This position requires some flexibility to meet with teachers and community stakeholders.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lines for Life offers great benefits including full coverage for employees’ health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance. Full-time employees are also offered a free Fitbit as part of the Employee Wellness Program. Additional plans in which employees may participate in include 401K and flexible spending plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Fill out an application online at the link below: