Details: Salary based on experience.
Position Location: Major metro area on the West or East Coast
Animal Equality seeks a Major Gifts Officer who will play a major role in meeting the organization's ambitious fundraising goals. The Major Gifts Officer will help ensure we fulfill our mission of ending cruelty to farm animals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding financial support from generous individuals and foundations. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Philanthropy and is ideal for a strong, confident, and inspiring leader. This person is results-driven, detail-oriented, well-organized and highly energetic professional who thrives under pressures, and above all, committed to reducing animal suffering.
- Identify, establish and maintain meaningful relationships with a portfolio of prospective donors with primary focus on giving capacity of five figures
- Engage donors and donor prospects through face to face meetings and other strategic communications
- Monitor all donors and prospects to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Prepare successful funding proposals and customize donor achievement reports
- Secure financial gifts from individuals by developing and executing individualized donor plans including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Maintain donor and prospect records in Salesforce database, including ongoing updates to donor and prospect constituent records
- Develop and execute moves management plans for all donors and donor prospects
- Work with Director of Philanthropy and development team to help plan and execute logistics for donor cultivation and recognition events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
- A minimum of five years development experience, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization or in the field of major gifts fundraising, marketing or communications
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must have an upbeat positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and effective communication that will attract new supporters to invest in Animal Equality’s mission
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the U.S. and frequent evening and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality
Animal Equality offers an excellent benefits package. Casual, companion animal friendly office environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to work for Animal Equality, resume, and salary requirements. Please submit these materials along with the names and phone numbers of three references to email@example.com.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.