4800 Broadway Ave.
Salary: $9 - $10 per hour
Hours: Full-time/ Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Community Resource Manager
Position Summary: The Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served to clients in the Adult Wellness, Evening Meals and Youth programs while complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Cook is responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Prepare food served using established production procedures and systems. Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems. Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques. Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders. Complete food temperature checks; store food properly.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved. Maintain daily production records.
- Keep kitchen and work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
- Oversees volunteers assigned to the kitchen; prepare and serve food for special functions as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or GED; at least one year experience working in food service; ability to understand and conform to the applicable licensing laws, rules, and regulations; good oral and written communication skills; ability to enter data into a database. Must have and maintain valid Ohio Driver’s License. Must be able to pass a BCI and FBI background check and drug screening (pre-screening and random).
Preferred: In addition to required qualifications, some experience/ exposure to working with the elderly and youth populations and two years’ experience working in food service and overseeing volunteers.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume plus 3 references to:
University Settlement, Inc.
4800 Broadway Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44127
Fax: 216-641-7971, E-Mail: email@example.com
Internal applicants must be in their current position for at least six months to apply.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!)
Minimum Education Required