CURYJ unlocks the leadership of young people to dream beyond bars. We look to young people to lead the way by transforming their community and investing in their healing, activism, and aspirations. Through our youth programs, life coaching, policy organizing and restorative retreats and trainings, we are building the world we believe in, where relationships matter and young people from all backgrounds are valued and supported in community.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Deputy Director and other leaders, the Chief Development Officer will design and execute on a comprehensive development strategy for CURYJ. The Chief Development Officer will oversee and execute on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts. She or he also will form and manage CURYJ’s development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design development strategy for CURYJ: Work with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches
· Form and manage development team: Work with senior leadership to form a development team; Identify staffing needs for capital campaigns and ongoing development; Interview candidates and hire team members; Oversee development team, once formed
· Fundraising: Conduct research, prospecting, and application to multiple donor sources; Manage capital campaigns, engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary; Oversee ongoing development efforts
· Build a robust donor base: Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
· Communicate and train: Train and mentor development staff, Board, volunteers, other staff and committees; and communicate fundraising goals and progress
· Development/Fundraising: Proven success in development for a large nonprofit. Experience running capital campaigns and success fundraising from multiple donor channels
· Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors
· Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones
· Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences
· Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders
· Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
· Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, several years of direct relevant work experience. Candidates who have been formerly incarcerated or have a family member who has been, are encouraged to apply.
At-will, full time employee with a salary in the range of $95,000-$115,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Full benefits and potential for incentive pay.
Position will be work from home during shelter-in-place and then may move into an office setting in Oakland. Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer. Eventually, possible ability to travel to various locations within Bay Area.
CURYJ is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CURYJ unlocks the leadership of young people to dream beyond bars. We look to young people to lead the way by transforming their community and investing in their healing, activism, and aspirations. Through our youth programs…