Details: Commensurate with experience
We seek a highly motivated individual with a passion for writing and driving cause-oriented outreach campaigns. The ideal candidate has a lively, clear and engaging writing voice. She/he should have experience in grassroots communication and be well versed in how to proactively and effectively communicate social issues. We need a self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborate easily with others.
Above all, we are looking for someone with a passion for our cause. Ideal candidates should have a broad knowledge and interest in education, child development, health, and current culture.
Full or Part Time
● Create and implement our communications strategy.
● Develop the outreach and advocacy strategy for social action campaigns.
● Help maintain consistent messaging through all our communications channels.
● Create and oversee all written communications relating to our work, including newsletters, blogs, website content, and other updates.
● Research, write, and develop written materials including articles, op-eds, blogs, case studies, facilitation guides, tool kits, and other resources.
● Be responsible for website content development.
● Seek and support grants to advance the cause.
● Keep up on current research and political happenings in the areas we work.
● Communicate with and develop relationships with a nationwide network of local, state, and federal stakeholders including organizations, government agencies, policy makers, and community leaders.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
● A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
● A degree in education or journalism with an advanced degree preferred.
● Experience with communications, journalism, social advocacy organizations, campaigns, and/or nonprofit work preferred.
● 3-5 years writing/outreach /advocacy/campaign experience.
● A background in education and/or health.
● Experience in policy and legislative activities.
● Grant writing experience.
● Experience with growing and maintaining a lively social media network.
● Strong computer skills
● Proficient with major social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) and Google analytics.
● Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, InDesign, CMS such as WordPress and Drupal, a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.