The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Major Gifts Manager will play a key role in expanding BPC’s individual giving revenue stream and will work closely with the Senior Director of Principal and Major Gifts, organization leadership, Board members, and policy teams. They will help build a comprehensive major giving program by growing BPC’s portfolio of donors capable of making six-figure gifts, working with development and policy staff to identify fundable opportunities, and executing on creative ways to engage new prospects. A successful candidate will bring formal fundraising experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and is ready to seize fleeting funding opportunities with confidence and timeliness.
• Work with Senior Director to manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the giving cycle to include: identifying, qualifying, and initiating contact; developing customized cultivation strategies for donors; upgrading donor gifts; moving prospects toward solicitation and closure; making solicitations when appropriate; and improving stewardship of current donors.
• Manage a personal portfolio of individuals and family foundations
• Through donor visits, conversations, and ongoing communications, cultivate relationships with donors and prospects to identify interests and deepen their connection to the organization.
• Develop or refine fundraising collateral to include but not limited to donor/prospect presentations, letters, emails, newsletter content, one-pagers, impact updates, and proposals.
• Assist in formation and execution of development-driven events and activities, as needed.
• Begin development of a new planned giving program for BPC
• Compile, track, and update donor/donation records in database—and other pipeline tracking documents—with relevant information on a regular basis.
· 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar political nonprofit, higher education, or large cultural institution
· Proven experience securing five figure gifts from high-net worth individuals, family foundations, or other entities
· Knowledge of moves management and other basic fundraising strategies and keeps up with industry trends and best practices.
· Experience engaging senior leaders, board members, and volunteers in fundraising work to capitalize on their connections.
· Demonstrated ability to identify new donors, broaden a donor base, and increase annual revenue.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills, and high emotional intelligence
· Top-notch organizational skills; ability to initiate, work-independently, follow through, and attention to detail
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, creative thinking, and a "can do", positive attitude
· Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and collegial team
· Commitment to BPC’s mission and the ability to translate that passion into compelling donor communications
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions…
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, and three references as soon as possible. Please submit materials as one file. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, and three references as soon as…