Details: 17.00 per hour
600 South Lafayette Park Place
Job Opening: IT Helpdesk
Reports To: IT System Administrator & VP of IT
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Seasonal
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides site-based IT support associated with the installation, development, maintenance, and configuration of applications under the guidelines established by the Information Technology Department and performs troubleshooting of software, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
1) Screen, diagnose, resolves and refer internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of applications, laptops/desktops, and various office hardware.
2) Monitor security, report and correct viral and malware intrusions.
3) Work with end users for problem diagnosis, reporting using help desk software.
4) Conduct individual training on new system components, enhancements or capabilities.
5) Install and configure computer hardware and software including new systems and system upgrades.
6) Document resolutions in the help desk ticketing system for internal reporting and end user closure.
7) Identifies, diagnoses, and corrects problems associated with computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment and contacts the Technology Coordinator to resolve complex problems.
8) Ensures that equipment and software are current, which includes installing and verifying patches and updates.
9) Create, maintain, update inventory database.
10) Serves as site liaison for the purpose of coordinating activities, exchanging information, and resolving issues and concerns.
11) Installs and configures applications.
12) Install stand alone computer systems and peripheral equipment.
13) Any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 or more years of experience with each of the following:
- Installation and maintenance for Windows XP / 7
- Microsoft Office suite
- TCP/IP networking
- PC Desktop hardware.
- Mac OS X.x, Macbook Air, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Mac OS X Server troubleshooting/maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to employ good troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (Computers, printers, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Great communication skills
- Ability to deliver results on time
- Team player
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to employ good troubleshooting skills
- Outgoing customer friendly personality, positive attitude, responsive, and accountable
- Ability to learn quickly and apply patience to teach end users, strong communication skills
- Experience in providing technology support for end user communities greater than 50 people with diverse technology comprehension levels - (1 year minimal experience, 2 years plus preferred)
- Experience with the popular network monitoring/troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, remote desktop, etc.)
- Experienced working with a help desk ticketing system
Additional preferred skills include:
- BS / BA in a technical discipline
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Hourly Rate: $17 per hour
Status: Part-Time (Monday – Friday, schedule flexible)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must submit an online application via our website. Must include a cover letter and resume.