4245 Fairfax Drive
How to Apply
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Video Producer/Editor produces videos that will engage and grow our digital community through compelling stories from our conservation work. The Video Producer/Editor must be highly proficient in digital-centric video storytelling, content development and production. She/he will be responsible for all stages of video production, working in collaboration with a variety of internal clients, and must be able to write, shoot, edit and create motion graphics for video, as well as supervise vendors when necessary. She/he must be passionate about, and skilled in using, popular social media platforms and have a keen sense of what creative styles are most effective for each.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience managing client and account relationships.
· Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
· Oversees delivery of video content across digital and social media platforms
· Work within assigned budgets and sometimes under tight deadlines.
· Must have experience producing video for social media.
· Strong awareness of the social/digital media landscape as well as new video technologies that impact how the content landscape is changing.
· Strong understanding of multi-channel storytelling.
· Must be highly proficient at editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.
· Must be proficient at creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effects.
· Experience in final finishing for video including mixing audio and color correction.
· Experience developing concepts into scripted videos.
· Must be able to shoot video to professional standards.
· Experience in supervising a production crew on location.
· Some travel is to be expected for location shoots.
· Ability to work long days on location shoots, or to meet edit deadlines, as needed.
· Ability to carry camera equipment over distances in a variety of weather conditions.
· Driving license required for shoots.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#46750 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST August 31, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.