Child Safety Pledge is empowering youth-serving organizations, funders, and families to take charge in preventing child sexual abuse. Together we are building a culture of accountability, transparency, and awareness around child safety by ensuring every organization that works with children adheres to the highest possible standards of child sexual abuse prevention and response. The focus is on helping youth serving organizations adopt best practice safety protocols by activating the funding community and parents as key stakeholders for change, and providing the resources for YSOs to adopt child safety cultures. We're looking to develop tools and provide funding to support those YSOs in that process, deepen their impact, and ultimately protect more children.
Reporting to the Founder and Board Chair as well as the interim Executive Director, the Director of Programs will be one of the key external faces of Child Safety Pledge within the field of child protection and sexual abuse prevention and will subsequently work closely with our expert partners and allies in the space. You will blend operational/project management and strategy expertise to manage the daily needs of CSP while driving the development of CSP’s programmatic work.
CSP is in the midst of an organizational redesign of the strategy and approach, spinning out of its original incubator home as of July 2018. As such, this is an opportunity for you to help shape the programmatic and overall strategic direction of an evolving organization in its early stages. At this time, CSP’s Program efforts are focused on launching a pilot with a set of foundations and key nonprofit partners in the space that will provide best practice training in child safeguarding to foundations and their grantees. Working closely with the interim ED, the Director of Programs will support the implementation and follow-up for this pilot, which will inform the longer-term programmatic direction of CSP. You will help lead the development of the Program strategy for CSP based on the learnings from the pilot implementation.
The Director of Programs will also support CSP’s public awareness raising efforts through its movement-building work, centered around Rochel Leah Bernstein’s activist efforts, CSP’s Founder. You will support our Founder in engaging with and developing out a new group of diverse influencers seeking to break the silence around the issue of child sexual abuse and spur further collaboration across the field of child sexual abuse prevention.
This position is a full-time one year contract with the possibility of extension, and individual must be based in Los Angeles, California.
Program Development and Operational Management:
- Plan the delivery of the overall pilot program and its activities with implementation partner(s) in accordance with the mission and the goals of CSP
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with pilot implementation partners and support the establishment of professional arrangements with these partners
- Develop a plan for pilot impact measurement
- Ensure that the pilot implementation operates within the approved budget and financial reports are prepared as needed
- Once the pilot is completed, use the learnings to develop new initiatives and/or an overarching Program Strategy to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Work with communications team to incorporate program activities/successes into CSP public engagement strategies
Overall operations and team management:
- Support the Founder/Board Chair’s movement-building efforts as needed, including event management, partner communications, materials development, etc.
- Work with the ED to update and oversee the overarching workplan for CSP activities and work with the ED to ensure that timeline is being met and roles/responsibilities across the team are established accordingly
- Set priorities, realistic and practical goals for organizational and program development
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members as needed, establish roles/responsibilities across the team according to the workplan
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day project activities and resources per the workplan
- Develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring efficiency and collaboration across the team, including external vendors
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers and oversee their workflow
- Manage a weekly team meeting and additional vendor meetings as needed
- Manage the CSP team calendar
- Assist the Founder/ED with appropriate CSP scheduling needs
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and identify new opportunities for organizational growth
Qualifications & Skills
The Director of Programs will be deeply committed to Child Safety Pledge’s mission to protect more children from sexual abuse. All candidates should have experience leading teams, managing workflows and daily operations of an organization, and developing successful social impact programs.
Specific requirements include:
- Passionate about Child Safety Pledge’s mission and impact
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least 5-8 years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing social impact programs
- Very strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Track record delivering project/program results and assuming leadership/management roles
- Comfortable juggling and delivering on multiple tasks while responding to multiple, competing priorities, especially on short timelines
- High EQ with ability to manage through complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships with a wide array of individuals and organizations and manage coalitions – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- An entrepreneurial, mission-driven spirit with passion, idealism, and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of G Suite, Word, PowerPoint and/or Keynote, and Excel, and Project Management tools
Bonus if candidate has:
- Experience building from the start-up phase of an organization that requires agility, flexibility, and consistent problem-solving
- Knowledge and experience in the child sexual abuse prevention space
- Interest in driving public awareness and experience in public awareness campaigns and movement-building
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.