2401 Liberty Heights Avenue
The Senior Director of Communications will be responsible for developing Thread’s communications strategy, including management of press & media and management of Thread’s brand. This role will field incoming inquiries from media and strategize for outreach when appropriate. The Senior Director of Communications will also prepare members of the Thread Community to engage externally with press or at speaking engagements. As part of this role, brand management will include ensuring that printed and digital materials reflect Thread’s brand and image in alignment with our values and developed set of use policies. As part of brand manager, our Senior Director of Communications will oversee design of print and digital communications, including Thread’s website and marketing materials aimed at various members of the Thread Community & beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in communications, or external relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks and prioritize multiple assignments and deliver on a timely basis
- Understanding of and passion for Thread’s mission
- Proven leadership and collaborative approach to finding solutions
- Prior experience with nonprofit communications and managing teams preferred
- Quick learner who is able to simultaneously execute multiple detail-oriented projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to use judgment and objectivity in various roles
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please go to http://www.baltimorecorps.org/srcomms and click on red button "Apply Through Place For Purpose".