315 West 39th Street
The Fashion School at Kent State University is seeking an Outreach Program Officer to assist in the coordination of its NYC Studio program.
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the coordination of a designated educational outreach program; may be responsible for a component of a program or assist in providing support to the entire program.
- Provide information regarding designated program to students/clients; may counsel students/clients.
- Prepare and maintain mandatory program documentation and records.
- May assist in marketing and promoting program.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, or special activities.
- Collaborate with schools, departments, colleges, faculty members, etc., regarding program(s).
- May prepare and/or develop program/course materials; distribute materials to appropriate parties.
- May supervise students and/or provide functional guidance of support staff or other employees who work on a project or assignment on a temporary or intermittent basis.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Additional Examples of Duties – if applicable:
- Assist in the coordination of a designated educational outreach program for the Fashion School NYC Studio in New York City.
- Perform assigned financial responsibilities for the program and/or develop and maintain program documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree preferred; three months to one year relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Skill in written and interpersonal communication.
This position is in New York City. Current New York residency is preferred. Ability to manage projects, strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit an online application at www.kent.edu/hr and submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
- Must pass a security check.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- For official job descriptions, visit www.kent.edu/hr.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted to describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related experience/education beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Kent State University reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.
This is a part-time, permanent position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an online application and submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.