The Manager Research and Evaluation is a member of the team with responsibility for supporting Interise’s research agenda and program and impact evaluation. They work primarily with the Director of Research and Evaluation on research projects using Interise’s impact evaluation data, external secondary data, and qualitative data.
- Conducts and manages applied research identified in Interise’s research agenda. Research products include but are not limited to reports, issue papers, literature reviews, and blogs.
- Leads on collecting and analyzing primary and secondary data related to demographics and small businesses for purposes of research, development, and marketing and communications.
- Leads on data management, such as process improvement, documentation, and development of data tools and resources.
- Collaborates with Interise teams and partners regarding use of research findings and evaluation data to demonstrate impact, build relationships, and create value.
- Works independently and within and across teams to ensure that research findings are relevant and applicable; and that research products are accessible to a range of technical and general audiences.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications for report production and distribution strategy; and for developing content.
- Assists with the design and preparation of research content for conference panels, presentation decks, and workshops.
- Supports joint fund raising efforts for Research and Evaluation in collaboration with Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Economics, public policy, public administration, or a related social science.
- Master degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in applied public policy and/or social science research using quantitative methods. Experience with mixed- or qualitative methods is preferred.
- Proficiency with statistical and/or econometric modeling and data visualization.
- Experience with R and databases is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with relationship management.
- Able to communicate (oral and written) to technical and general audiences.
- Display excellent professional judgment to maintain the integrity of Interise’s data and research products.
- Results and deadline-driven with extreme attention to detail.
Interise is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ours is a multicultural environment and we thrive on diversity