The Operations Assistant supports the Operations Coordinator perform a variety of complex duties in support of the organization. There is a focus on principles of financial management, compliance, human resources, and administrative management to ensure accurate financial data, adherence of legal requirements and a healthy work culture.
- Support the Operations Coordinator perform various duties.
- Review budget statements and reconcile budget statements with supporting documentation.
- Resolve reconciliation problems and maintain record keeping for all transactions to ensure compliance with departmental, agency policies, grant requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Reconcile budgets and prepare expenditure transfers, as necessary.
- Prepare financial statements and budgets for grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Notify Executive Director and Deputy Director actual over or under budget expenditures.
- Research and justify fiscal requests.
- Provide back-up for Purchasing.
- Process invoice and payments.
- Process check request and create checks.
- Coordinate payroll, timesheets, and employee benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Build and implement systems to increase organization-wide compliance and increase staff competency and institutional knowledge around compliance.
- Build, maintain and update human resource systems that create a supportive and transparent culture for all staff based on PIE’s equity values.
- Implement basic human resources functions for the organization.
Organizational Administrative Management
- Manage tenant/landlord matters, office resources, vendors, technology and supplies.
- Provide staff operational support.
- Manage oversight in the following areas: office management, technology etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field, and 2 years’ professional experience in non- profit accounting and/or employment/vocational training field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to work with accuracy.
- Prior experience working in non-profit working with refugee and immigrant clients.
- Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge of Excel, word processing and email programs.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks online.
- Experience interacting with all levels of management/staff across organization lines.
- Experience presenting to different audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with detailed information and presenting in a way that is easily understood by individuals at different levels within the communities PIE serves.
- Ability to multi-task.
Position Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Part-Time, 20 hours per week
If interested and would like to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to