Bail Disruptors are community members across the country committed to racial and economic justice. They are the core of The Bail Project, securing people’s release, disrupting the criminal legal system, and fighting mass incarceration.
Our Tulsa Manager will oversee day-to-day site operations and work alongside Bail Disruptors to ensure that the site runs smoothly: that clients are supported to return to court and that data entry (including client data in Salesforce, bail receipts and other expenses) is recorded accurately and in a timely fashion. The Tulsa Manager will facilitate staff meetings, monitor client relationships, conduct regular check-ins and evaluations and oversee bail disruptor schedules to ensure the Tulsa site is functional. This role acts as a bridge between the Central Team and the site-by-site Bail Disruptor network. As part of this bridge, the Manager will monitor local bail policy, coordinate gathering client stories and lead efforts for change alongside partners and the Central Team. The Tulsa Manager will report to our Director of Operations and work alongside the Director of Talent Development, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Director of Communication, and Chief Financial Officer as needed. Occasional travel in-state required to jails, courthouses, and stakeholder meetings.
Managing site operations
- Manage all aspects of Tulsa site operations, enabling Bail Disruptors to prioritize posting bail and supporting clients to return to court
- Communicate Tulsa team needs and act as the main liaison between Tulsa and Central Team
- Monitor the Tulsa budget and cash flow and ensure receipts are recorded daily
- Ensure that client data is uploaded accurately and thoroughly in Salesforce each week
- Ensure compliance with other relevant organizational policies, such as those governing expenses, client selection, etc.
- Coordinate staff schedules and PTO to ensure full site coverage
- Maintain inventory of Tulsa site and manage requests for resources
- Identify systemic barriers affecting bail operations and work with Central team to develop solutions
Monitoring team dynamics and Bail Disruptor performance
- Coordinate Tulsa team meetings and cultivate an environment of trust and accountability in line with TBP’s mission
- Facilitate check-ins with Bail Disruptors to oversee team dynamics, monitor client relationships, ensure the upkeep of data entry, and creatively resolve interpersonal issues on staff
- Complete bi-annual formal performance evaluations
- Track performance metrics at the level of the individual and for the Tulsa site at large
- Partner with Central Team and community advocacy groups on local efforts for policy reform and implementation
- Create and nurture partnerships with local community and social service organizations that support TBP’s work
- Participate in and support the development of the National Bail Disruptor network
- Monitor and track local criminal justice movements and legislation and identify opportunities to leverage TBP’s data and work to effectively decarcerate and thereby reduce or eliminate the need for a local fund
You are driven, highly organized, and have a deep commitment to The Bail Project’s mission to eliminate race- and wealth-based disparities in our criminal justice system. Applicants must be willing to work independently as well as in collaborative teams. A sense of humor, innovative spirit, and willingness to adapt to the change inherent to a rapidly scaling startup are essential.
To excel in this role, you likely bring the following:
- Background working in operations, especially handling finances and data
- Experience managing direct reports and conducting formal performance reviews, especially for staff in a client support or criminal justice context
- Experience in advocacy, community organizing and building strategic partnerships
- Strong investment in the local community and in the fight for racial and economic justice
- Self-motivated, flexible, and hard-working
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- Basic ability in GSuite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or willingness to learn
- Emotional intelligence, natural ability, and ability to handle multiple projects
Compensation: This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Bail Project offers competitive health benefits, dental and vision plans, flexible PTO, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17 with “Tulsa Site Manager” in the subject line. No faxes or phone calls please. Applicants will be notified regarding whether or not they have been selected for an interview. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
The Bail Project is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of people of color, women, and formerly incarcerated individuals. We are committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff.
Minimum Education Required