1908 Association Drive
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. With nearly a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals. DECA’s programs and activities have constantly evolved as we use the latest technology and apply cutting edge educational research, while our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission.
DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for- profit student organization with more than 215,000 members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state, district and international departments of education authorize DECA’s programs.
About the opportunity:
DECA is seeking an experienced assistant to work with their newly appointed Executive Director. This position will work closely with the ED and will be a main point of contact for the board of directors and other important committees. There will be an opportunity at this position to make a strong impact on a nonprofit doing important work for students around the globe.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars for the Executive Director.
- Providing strategic management and oversight of the executive director's calendar with prioritization and efficiency.
- Providing support to senior team members as needed and as requested.
- Planning and preparing materials for presentations, meetings, and conference calls.
- Providing support for high-level meetings, including scheduling, agendas, minutes, and tracking of follow-up assignments.
- Managing electronic and paper files.
- Partnering with other administrative staff and departments to ensure seamless running of the organization.
- Helping manage and track email and other correspondence with external stakeholders.
- Supporting external relationship management to enable the senior team to cultivate, facilitate and manage key relationships.
- Providing administrative support related to business travel, including reservations, itineraries, logistical support, and expenses.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to serve as an effective ambassador of the organization to visitors.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prepare accurate reimbursements and reports in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ability to work well as part of teams both small and large.
- Positive attitude and the desire to contribute to a fun and friendly work environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Five years of administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of "Assistant to the Executive Director" in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Successful applicants will be asked to participate in an in-person interview with 3 weeks of submission.