Are you an experienced manager who loves working with older adults and the disability community? Are you knowledgeable about Bay Area transportation resources? If so, consider being the Mobility Manager for Eden I&R, a nonprofit agency which envisions a community empowered with information and connected to resources, so that all people obtain health, happiness, hope, and improved livelihood.
Eden I&R is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 36 staff working collaboratively to serve over 70,000 people per year in Alameda County. The agency’s largest program is 211 Alameda County, the 24/7 multilingual phone line that provides resource information to individuals and families from throughout the county.
The Mobility Manager will be responsible for the coordination and promotion of transportation-related services for seniors and people with disabilities in Alameda County. This position facilitates local mobility (transportation) planning, public outreach and implementation of mobility management projects, and builds partnerships with local officials and organizations to improve mobility options and resources in the county. This position will help streamline and coordinate mobility management services in Alameda County by using 211 as a central access point for subsidized taxi and ride-sharing programs currently offered by the various cities and unincorporated areas of Alameda County. The Mobility Manager will be responsible for coordinating transportation referral information through 211 and supervising staff who schedule subsidized curb-to-curb rides for eligible seniors and persons with disabilities through TNCs (Transportation Network Companies) like Uber and Lyft. The Mobility Manager will report to the Director of Programs and supervise 3-4 transportation team staff members. Confidentiality, technical savvy, strong communication skills, and attention to accuracy are essential qualifications for this position. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.
· Conduct a comprehensive review of current paratransit (and other accessible transportation) resources in Alameda County, ensure paratransit and other resources are current in the services database used by 211 staff.
· Provide periodic training for 211 and transportation staff on transportation resources.
· Lead, coach and develop Transportation Coordinator and Transportation Resource Specialists who schedule subsidized curb-to-curb rides for eligible seniors and persons with disabilities through TNCs (Transportation Network Companies) like Uber and Lyft.
· Manage partnerships related to transportation with cities and other funders, and create partnerships with additional municipalities. Current partnerships include City of Hayward, Lyft/United Way Worldwide, Alameda County Transportation Commission, and CalTrans.
· Provide leadership and guidance in the analysis and implementation of relevant technologies that may assist with paratransit information, referrals, and scheduling.
· Cultivate direct working relationships, partnerships and coordination and serves as a liaison with local service providers, local elected officials, and public entities including governmental agencies, community groups and the public on transportation planning issues.
· Identify local mobility needs and develop new partnerships to fill gaps in service.
· Remain aware of sensitive, cultural, or political issues related to transportation for older adults and the disability community.
· Provide quality control for transportation department, including periodic review of call recordings and Lyft/Uber/Salesforce transactions.
· Support transportation staff with answering difficult/escalated calls.
· Provide facilitation and support to the local mobility networks.
· Write reports to transportation funders.
· Assist with outreach to potential clients.
· Be available to work long hours in the event of a disaster.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· At least three years of work experience in government or nonprofit social service-related positions, or other relevant work experience.
· Knowledge of multimodal transportation planning and local, regional and state legislative process.
· Fair, motivational leader who advocates for team members.
· At least three years of supervisory experience.
· Bachelor's Degree or five years of relevant work experience required; Master’s degree in planning, transportation planning, or a closely related field a plus.
· Excellent communicator, experienced in giving presentations and interacting with the public.
· Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office Suite, Lyft/Uber mobile apps, and databases
· Experience in gathering, summarizing, and organizing information, including analyzing data.
· Professional experience in transportation planning related to (para)transit or government relations, policy analysis or public administration a plus.
· Experience working with older adults and/or the disability community a plus.
Position is temporarily remote. Must be able to work in-person at least three days a week, when needed and safe.
Eden I&R, Inc. is conveniently located one block from the Hayward BART station.
Online and on-site training will be provided
Eden I&R is an equal opportunity employer
Are you an experienced manager who loves working with older adults and the disability community? Are you knowledgeable about Bay Area transportation resources? If so, consider being the Mobility Manager for Eden I&R, a nonprofit…