Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1529 Sixteenth Street NW
The Edlavitch Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) is currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team!
Ideal candidates will have a can-do, anything is possible, positive attitude. The ideal HR Generalist will have at least 5 years of experience of relevant HR experience with a focus on: Onboarding, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Payroll.
- Administer leave and benefits programs
- Prepare and maintain all employee records, letters and other contractual documents in personnel files
- Support the employee life cycle process, including on-boarding, performance management, staff training and development and off-boarding activities, etc.
- Promote learning and development within the agency; facilitate training when required
- Manage employee relationships
- Advise Leadership on day to day employee issues
- Handle HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements. Liaise with outside legal counsel as needed
- Support Leadership by completing ad hoc tasks and projects according to business needs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Human Resource Management or at least 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- A strong communicator and highly collaborative with exceptional relationship management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading, coaching and mentoring others
- Effective influencing skills in helping to create positive work culture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to team effectively with others
- Ability to successfully drive change and implement new business processes
The EDCJCC offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required