Program Specialist, Technology and Data Management
Position: Program Specialist, Technology and Data Management
Reports to: Grant Director
Status: Part-time, Temporary
Location: Remote, Texas Preferred
The following position description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for National VOAD’s overall benefit.
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) is a non-profit organization based in Virginia that provides a forum where disaster response organizations can share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation, response, and recovery—to help disaster survivors and their communities in the United States and its territories. Member organizations include national members as well as state and local VOADs. Our work is conducted based on the four Cs—Communication, Coordination, Cooperation, and Collaboration among the member organizations.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the support of National VOAD’s Disaster Case Management Program (DCMP) grant, particularly the administration of the disaster case management technology platform (DART). The function of this position is to provide an administrative support system and clear communications to all program partners/stakeholders regarding the access and adoption of the DART platform. This is a 20-25 hour per week position hired by and directly accountable to the Grant Director. This is a grant funded position ending on November 30, 2019.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and manage workflow for agency and individual access to DART
* Ensure all proper documentation for DART access is executed and filed
* Track requested changes to DART
* Identify needed policies and policy clarifications; draft policy and guidance documents
* Capture and track needed upgrades/platform improvements as well as established best practices
* Serve as primary liaison between technology vendor and DCMP program
* Serve as a point of contact for DART related questions/concerns for all DCMP implementing agencies
* Minimum of Associates Degree/BA preferred and 2 years of experience in area related to office administrative or program support (a plus)
* Prior work experience in disaster relief industry or a non-profit organization a plus
* Knowledge of disaster case management or general case management
* Experiences with CAN (Coordinated Assistance Network), Apricot, ETO or other client management software
* Exhibited understanding of software development and engineering
* Ability to adapt and utilize new systems
* Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve are required
* Very strong ability to think ahead, take personal initiative, work both independently and as a team member, collaborate and coordinate with others
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Exhibits flexibility and can-do attitude
* Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please submit resume and cover letter by September 28, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (NAME – Program Specialist).
Minimum Education Required