Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- Small class sizes of no more than 20 students allow for more targeted and individualized instruction
- Student engagement, critical thinking, and relationship building are top priorities in the classroom
- Ongoing teacher development and growth are key levers for student achievement
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking a Teaching Assistant who possesses the grit, dedication, and necessary skills to prepare our scholars for success in high school and beyond. Teaching Assistants provide support to our teachers and staff members by fostering a culture of academic rigor and achievement. Primarily, the Teaching Assistant will support the classroom teacher with academics and behavioral supports. With frequent feedback, coaching, and professional development, this is a tremendous opportunity for recent graduates, or students currently enrolled in graduate school, who are looking to become full-time lead teachers down the road.
- Working with small groups of students to assist students in reaching IEP goals
- Teaching, reviewing, and reinforcing academic content
- Assisting as per the teacher’s directions with classroom set-up and logistics
- Assisting students with behavioral needs and de-escalating challenging student behaviors
- Communicating with the classroom teacher about effective interventions and students’ needs
- Working with families and other support team members to support student learning
- Any other duties/responsibilities as requested that will support Explore and its students
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Assist with non-instructional supervision of students as needed
- Assist in moving students to proper locations during fire drills, and sports or arts programs
- Keep accurate & organized records of student information
- Uphold Explore’s behavioral expectations for all students
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Explore Schools network
- Prior experience working with children, required
- Bachelor’s Degree, strongly preferred
- New York State Teaching or Teaching Assistant Certification, required
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website!