#OurNeighborhoods Campaign Manager
National CAPACD seeks a full-time #OurNeighborhoods Campaign Manager to address the issue of displacement in Asian American and Pacific Islander neighborhoods.
The National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development (National CAPACD) is a progressive coalition of local organizations that advocate for and organize in low-income Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities and neighborhoods. We strengthen and mobilize our members to build power nationally and further our vision of economic and social justice for all.
The #OurNeighborhoods Campaign Manager will be the lead staff implementing our national campaign to fight displacement of low-income AAPI residents and small businesses from urban neighborhoods where rents are rapidly rising. The campaign calls attention to issues of displacement and gentrification in AAPI communities and seeks to build the power of local community-based organizations working to address this issue. This positions reports to the Director of Organizing. We’re seeking candidates who excel at relationship building, have strong communications skills, and a deep commitment to social justice organizing.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Build and maintain relationships with member organizations to grow the base of organizations and community leaders engaged in the #OurNeighborhoods Campaign;
- Grow the leadership of the organizations and impacted community leaders through development of trainings, hosting regular online meetings and in-person convenings;
- Oversee communications strategy to grow the visibility of the campaign through ethnic and social media, including developing national social media actions to engage the network;
- Organize collective actions (e.g. in-person actions or assemblies, online actions, townhalls) for community members to take action to address displacement;
- Contribute to shaping National CAPACD’s national policy agenda on issues of equitable development, housing, and neighborhood preservation;
- Implement specific projects and campaigns that support the work of the organizing program and further National CAPACD’s mission, as needed.
Note: Due to the nature of campaign organizing work, this position may require working during evening and weekend hours and will require significant national travel.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a nonprofit, community-based organization;
- A track record of winning successful organizing campaigns;
- Experience developing the leadership of impacted community members, ideally in low-income or people of color communities;
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Expertise or interest in the issue of gentrification, particularly as it impacts AAPI communities;
- A deep commitment to social justice issues and an understanding of how issues of racial, gender, and economic justice impact communities;
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work well in a small, highly collaborative environment;
- Ability to travel domestically with overnight stays;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed and as scheduled.
- Bilingual in an Asian or Pacific Islander language;
- Experience with equitable development policy or digital communications.
The #OurNeighborhoods Campaign Manager is an exempt, full-time position based in our Washington, DC office. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and a 403(b) plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with #OurNeighborhoods Campaign Manager as the subject line.
National CAPACD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Accommodations for applicants may be available upon request. No calls, please.