Position: Chief Financial Officer Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Edmund D. Edelman Children’s Courthouse - Monterey Park; temporarily remote
Salary: Range $130-$150k
- Oversee and take responsibility for all aspects of the organization’s finance function and perfor- mance.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the organization; provide ad- vice from a financial perspective on any business agreements the organization may consider.
- Develop and maintain credibility for the accounting function by providing timely and accurate budgets, financial reports and trend analyses so as to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior leaders in planning and decision-making.
- Monitor budget variance; identify when adjustments may be necessary; apprise and work with senior leadership in planning any necessary remedial actions.
- Prepare departmental, special purpose and ad hoc reports
- Take responsibility for financial of contracts and grants - prepare budgets; monitor use of funds to ensure that funding is fully expended and thereby earned; prepare required reports, which may include billing/invoicing and summary reporting.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting process, matching programmatic to financial goals; work with department heads to craft individual budgets; work with senior leadership to finalize a com- prehensive plan that supports goals; coordinate the review and approval process with Finance and Executive Committees and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, serve as liaison between auditors and the Audit Committee; facilitate completion and approval of audited statements and required annual filings.
- Participate in development and implementation of the organization’s strategic and operating plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the cost and effect of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory actions.
- Establish and optimize banking relationships.
- Initiate strategies to maximize cash position and short-term earnings.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process that addresses and reports operating cash needs.
- Implement a robust contracts management system; ensure that contract billing is compliant and that receivables are collected.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll cycles; manage and adjust as need- ed to meet organizational needs.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; regularly review and update the company’s accounting policy and procedure manual.
- Staff the Finance Committees. Develop effective reporting mechanisms to present all critical fi- nancial matters to the Committee and Board of Directors.
- Supervise finance-related staff and consultants.
- Oversee such administrative functions as maintenance of office supplies and equipment, and su- pervision of administrative staff and consultants.
- Maintain facilities, which may consist of repairs and maintenance, space planning, leasing and renovation activities.
- Provide support and backup to HR Director over organization’s human resource function.
▪ Oversee information systems and technology.
Supervise IT Coordinator to develop and implement technology strategies and initiatives.
Work with IT Coordinator to oversee relationships with vendors, including managed services provider.
Work with IT Coordinator to develop and maintain technology-related policies and procedures.
Work with IT Coordinator to oversee procurement of hardware and software.
- Staff the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Work with HR Director and other leadership to institute and maintain practices that minimize or- ganization’s exposure.
- Work with Committee to maintain risk control documents: Risk Assessment Matrix and Business Continuity Plan.
- Work with Committee and insurance broker to maintain appropriate types of coverage at appro- priate levels.
- Minimum of a B.A., with an MBA, CPA or related degree preferred
- At least seven years of overall professional experience with at least five years of broad financial and administrative management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/bf910b7e-602e-40d9-ba3b-ccf28e4e9162/CASA-of-Los-Angeles
Candidates may also send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CASA of Los Angeles is commi0ed to diversity and inclusion and promotes equal opportunity for all em- ployees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regula@ons to en- sure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportuni@es or prac@ces on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orienta@on, gender iden@ty, na- @onal origin, age, disability, ci@zenship, military service obliga@on, veteran status or any other basis pro- tected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel prac@ces are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recrui@ng, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on em- ployment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportuni@es for employees.