Details: Part-Time and Temporary through January 2019
135 North Mission Road
The Promesa Boyle Heights Executive Assistant will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to the PBH Director and Strategic Planning Team. The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, coordinating events, managing follow-up with diverse stakeholders and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Coordinate daily calendars of PBH Director
● Plan and coordinate appointments, meetings and events
● Act as the point of contact between director and staff and partners
● Support with development of fact sheets, tools, and other resources for the Promesa BH team
● Create regular reports and update internal databases
● Make travel arrangements
● Manage phone calls and emails
● Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
● Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot issues
● Review and recommend changes to our policies and processes
● A minimum of 3 years of work experience working in an office setting similar to Promesa Boyle Heights.
● A bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Other comparable work experience will be considered. Additional qualifications as Personal Assistant or Secretary are a plus.
● Knowledge of office procedures and solid experience with office management systems (MS Office, data analysis software, and social media).
● Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
● Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines.
● Strong and professional communication skills (via phone, email and in-person).
● Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
● Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
● Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
● Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
● **Must be a licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet organization’s minimum auto insurance requirements.
● Commitment to social justice and community empowerment.
● Experience managing dynamic projects and event planning.
● Able to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends.
● Interested in someone that can start immediately.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, talk, hear, and type- at times for extended periods of time. The employee will also occasionally be required to stand, walk, and drive. The employee will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Promesa Boyle Heights is a passionate collaborative of residents, youth, schools, local organizations and public/private institutions working together to realize a vision where: 1) every child has an opportunity to learn, grow and succeed from cradle through college and career; 2) families can live a stable, healthy and fulfilling life; and 3) every individual is empowered to act and create a more just and interdependent community. For more information, visit: www.promesaboyleheights.org
Work Environment: Promesa is a community-led, progressive, and innovative collaborative in Boyle Heights. The Promesa BH staff strives to maintain a high degree of trust, team spirit, and energy while working to build community power and capacity. While employed by Proyecto Pastoral, the CS Manager works closely and is also accountable to the Promesa Boyle Heights General Assembly and Steering Committee and the partner schools.
Proyecto Pastoral is a founding Steering Committee member and the backbone organization for the Promesa Boyle Heights collaborative. Proyecto Pastoral at Dolores Mission was founded in 1986 by community residents and the California Province of Jesuits. It has grown into a highly effective community - building organization. Proyecto Pastoral is committed to involving local community members in the planning, design and implementation of its programs. Proyecto Pastoral serves over 2,500 children, youth and families annually through its five programs. For more information, visit: www.proyectopastoral.org
**Proyecto Pastoral is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQIA and people of color are encouraged to apply. Spanish-speaking ability, experience working in nonprofits, and/or Boyle Heights lived experience is a BIG plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with minimum salary requirements and a list of at least 3 references to Promesajobs@proyectopastoral.org with subject line: Executive Assistant. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. We encourage interested applicants to submit as soon as possible since we are aiming for the first round of interviews to begin on August 30th