372 Granite Ave, Suite 1
Director of US Operations
The Saint Rock Haiti Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit working to deliver comprehensive and dignified primary care to the people of Saint Rock, Haiti and the surrounding communities. Acknowledging the complex web of biological, social, and environmental factors that impact human health, SRHF has developed a number of community development programs in the areas of education, clean water, agriculture, and economic opportunity.
SRHF is currently seeking a Director of US operations who will collaborate with the President/CEO, Medical Director, and Haitian Director of Operations in supporting the programmatic efforts of the Foundation as well as the US-based activity. The Director of US Operations will wear many hats, and we are looking for a dynamic candidate that is ready to roll up their sleeves, rise to the challenge, and who will thrive in a small, but quickly growing organization. In addition to supporting our clinical and community development programs, the Director of US Operations will be responsible for: spreading the word about SRHF through the design and implementation of our external communication strategy, supporting the Director of Development in US based fundraising efforts, and will also work closely with an incredible network of US based volunteers in coordinating their efforts in both the US and in Saint Rock.
- Partner with the Medical Director, Director of Haitian Operations, President/CEO, and Director of Development to ensure continued integrity to SRHF’s mission and organizational viability
- Oversee the formalization and implementation of administrative standard operating procedures
- Coordinate project activity, monitoring, and budget management with key stakeholders across all phases – planning, execution, follow up
- Partner with the President/CEO to represent SRHF with external groups including community, governmental, and private organizations as needed
- Act as the main administrative support for all US based committees (Clinical Practices, Education, Finance, Governance, Facilities, and Executive)
- Oversee US-based bookkeeper and financial reporting
- Event planning support throughout the year including the Foundation’s Annual Gala
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and the President/CEO
- Manage the US office space in Milton, MA and meeting schedule
- Coordinate the production of quarterly newsletters and the annual report, working with in country staff and US based staff and volunteers
- Manage SRHF Social Media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Work with volunteers to generate content
- Manage SRHF’s website content
- General copy writing as needed
- Coordinate volunteer trips to Saint Rock
- Manage volunteer recruitment and pre-departure support
- Coordinate with ground team to plan itineraries and external partners as needed
- Manage volunteer donations and stewardship and all travel related expenses
- Provide administrative support and logistics coordination for all other team travel
This position requires approximately 15% travel to Haiti.
Flexible scheduling is available for the right candidate.
Start date will be as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in program management or operations, experience in the nonprofit sector and/or field of global health is a plus
- Experience managing project budgets
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to be adaptive, responsive, and detail oriented in a fast paced and often changing environment
- Comfortable working on a small team (3-5) and able to effectively work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge and comfort with office technology including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Preferred skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, or a relevant field
- Familiarity with Haiti
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole
- Experience working in a resource poor setting
- Experience working in a small organization or start-up environment
- Competency in WordPress, Salesforce, and/or QuickBooks software
- Graphic design with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or social media skills
- Monitoring and evaluation experience in a nonprofit or health care setting
To learn more about SRHF please visit our website at www.saintrock.org.
There is no benefits package available at SRHF
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you think you would be a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority will be given to applications received by July 31, 2018.