265 Beaver Street
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We have a new full-time position open for a Customer Support Specialist. This position will be based in the Waltham office and will report to the Director of Conversion and Customer Support. The hours for this position will be from 8:30 A.M to 5:00 P.M. Comprehensive training provided and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
The Customer Support Specialist serves as the first responder to members’ inquiries received either by phone or by email. They are responsible for supporting the member and responding in a timely manner with information about membership, training, girl programs, the product program, camp, and other Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts initiatives. They will practice the highest standards of customer service. They will build good will for Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts and promote the Girl Scout experience.
- Answers questions from customers by phone, email, walk-in, web, or social media either based on their knowledge of the Girl Scout program or by connecting the customer to the correct internal department.
- Facilitates online membership registration.
- Supports the criminal background screening process for volunteers.
- Provides product program customer support.
- Provides girl program customer support.
- Facilitates online volunteer training registration.
- Supports the process of girl placement in troops.
- Interfaces with other departments to provide feedback received from customers.
- Ensures closure and appropriate escalation of customer questions.
- Becomes and stays proficient in GSEMA customer-facing databases and office software.
- Documents all member contact in the Salesforce database.
- Stays current on communications from other departments about GSEMA activities and procedures affecting customers.
· Proactively markets Girl Scouting opportunities to our members year-round including troop, program, camp, activities, and trainings.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Maintains confidentiality on behalf of the Girl Scout organization and in accordance with the GSEMA Comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred or experience in a membership or volunteer organization. Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and personalities.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt well to changing circumstances, direction and strategy.
- Must be able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Technically astute and proficient in databases.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office software; experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Bilingual skill is desirable.
- Girl Scout membership experience is a plus.
To learn more about Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, visit: www.gsema.org
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting here:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.