889 Harrison Avenue
Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
Provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for guests and visitors entering Rosie’s Place and to act as an effective, respectful liaison for guests seeking to access services.
Monday through Friday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Provide reliable, dependable, punctual coverage of the Rosie’s Place front office via the front desk.
- Greet guests and visitors at the main entrance and create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls.
- Check mail and messages, make laundry appointments, fax, copy, take in packages and assist with donations.
- Oversee the use of telephone, computer, laundry and showers. Consistently monitor guest areas.
- Resolve conflicts in a respectful manner to maintain a peaceful environment.
- Refer guests to advocates and help guests with emergency services.
- Lock up front desk areas in the evening and follow security protocols.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
- Report directly to the Front Office Manager.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Comfortable dealing with diverse groups of people.
- Adaptable, able to cope with stress, quick thinking and energetic.
- Able to speak Spanish preferred.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Bi-lingual Office Coordinator" in the subject line.