254 W 54th Street
Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools’ mission is to transform the North American Jewish day school landscape. Our learner-focused approach provides day schools with tools to spark educational innovation, achieve financial vitality, and strengthen leadership that will make day school education the best choice for Jewish families.
Prizmah is a powerful resource, network, and support for the Jewish day school field. Prizmah offers dozens of programs and services with proven records of accomplishment within the Jewish day school network. Through donor convenings and field-building services, Prizmah amplifies the profile of day schools within the Jewish communal agenda and beyond, creating new funding opportunities for the Jewish day school field, and strengthening the field’s standing and influence.
Prizmah supports nearly 250 Jewish day schools through robust, peer-to-peer communities that encourages the sharing of best practices. Prizmah connects school leaders to conversations advancing the field of Jewish day schools. Through our strong relationships with schools, Prizmah develops a nuanced understanding of the field, the strengths and challenges of each school, and promotes connections between leaders in pursuit of excellence.
The Grants Manager will be an essential member of the Prizmah Development Team alongside our Chief Development Officer, Development Manager and Development Assistant. This person will coordinate and elevate all facets of our internal grant operations, and work as the conduit between our Development and Finance departments, and our Program Managers.
• Manage and support the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
• Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
• Perform relevant research to identify effective and authentic grant funding opportunities and evaluate the results
• Grant writing, editing and proofreading
• Keep relevant Prizmah staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables
• Coordinate all aspects of Prizmah grant management and compliance, including the coordination of Prizmah Program Managers
• Oversee the invoicing, accounting, reporting, tracking and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
• Prepare financial or budget plans along with the finance department
• Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
• Provide detailed reports to the funders and to Prizmah's Leadership Team
• Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
• Provide training to the Prizmah staff on grants management and reporting requirements
Experience and Qualifications
• Excellent project management skills with experience in managing administrative projects
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong command over written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
• Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
• A multi-tasker and self-starter with strong ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and internet
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• 3 to 5 years of experience in grant writing and management field
• Familiarity with if not experience with the Jewish communal not for profit organizations and family foundations
Prizmah offers health care benefits, 401k match, and a generous vacation package. We are also closed for all major Jewish holidays.
Minimum Education Required